Builds Rub A Dub Dub, Pablo's Got A New Tub!!! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Brackets!
My guys don't have the tooling to make straight replicas I referenced earlier, but here is what we will go with - a little heavier:
DSC08578.jpg
DSC08579.jpg
DSC08580.jpg

PabloCruise said:
Passenger door is a sad tomato...
Trying to find a new one here on the front range of CO, but no luck so far :frown:

Sad tomato indeed, but the rest of the rig is looking fantastic.

Josh

You are right, for some reason I thought there was front and rear. 75 bucks plus shipping for 2?

So there are 4, a rear, and then a bracket roughly in the center of the rocker (see pics above I took of the PS rocker)

Still working on a plan for the rear brackets, then the center brackets.

Just realized the only pic I posted of the originals is for the back bracket. I'll get a pic up of the center bracket soon...

I bought a set many years ago and they were very bad quality. However, I have heard they are better now.

What about Kevin (AWL-teq)? Does he make these?

I bought a set many years ago and they were very bad quality. However, I have heard they are better now.

I don't know! Link? I would love to check out an alternate source.

Thanks!

Beat me to it: thanks Ige.

Josh

I combed through Kevin's thread (wish I had known he made frame diagonals, could have gotten mine from him) and did not see door bottoms, and no reply from him on a PM I sent him, so I guess I will try the Real Steel option...

That's a bugger. Everything I've gotten from him is top-notch. Real steel has to be better than ccot I'd bet.

No different companies, Todd from Real Steel makes all his stuff in house. I stopped by his shop a couple of weeks ago and saw his production. Very nice heavy gauge steel panels, plus Todd was really cool and knowledgable.

If it's an 81-84 it will have a bump for the dome light and clip-in window sweeper.

Will fit your rig fine and the windows are quieter; great score!

If it's an 81-84 it will have a bump for the dome light and clip-in window sweeper.

Will fit your rig fine and the windows are quieter; great score!

Bump for dome light on passenger side?
I ordered later window channel, but whisker strips for '78 - will those work?
What is clip in window sweeper?

No, the window channel won't work either, it is all rubber on 81-84, not metal. Everything to do with the glass is different.

There is a 1"square bump on the front of the inner bend of the door about midway up just above the door limiter which pushes in the dome light on 81-84 40s.

Having said that, the older channel MAY work, but the opening is a bit wider on the 81-84, so it may not stay in without glue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom