RTT and your four legged friend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for advice on those that do a RTT and bring their dogs along. Has anyone with bigger dogs figured out a way to get them up to the tent without breaking their own back doing it?

Not sure what kind of second dog we are going to end up with , it just depends on what the rescues have that gets along with our existing terrier mix. In the event its a medium to large dog just looking for options/opinions.

Part of me thinks sleeping in the back of the truck with them might just be easier but the :princess: thinks there wont be enough room. She might be right on that one. We have a tentative plan to try to get to cruise moab in 2018 so trying to get the right set up.

Mods not sure where the right place to post this is, please move if you think there is a more appropriate place

Need to watch the replies, I question this too

Why not get the annex underneath and set up a bed down stairs for them? Dont personally have an rtt just a swag usually put my winch around a tree about 10 15 meters away. Then put a lead on to it gives him a dog run. Just have to be careful as to what animals are around.

I have an RTT and a 95# Black Lab. I sleep in the tent, the dog sleeps in the cargo area of the FJ60. He sleeps on a couple of Harbor Freight moving blankets (inexpensive), which double as ground mats under the awning/attachment after the trail ride, until bedtime.

Guess with a bit of practice you could entertain fellow campers and sleep with your pooch...

Several years ago I remember seeing a picture posted to this section of a Land Cruiser with the guys dog climbing up the ladder.
Just saw this on YouTube, but it looks like it takes up a lot of room.

Not my idea and unfortunately no pics, but I saw somewhere else a guy that would place a long mat that went from the front of his hood, up the windshield and onto the roof. He would put a little ramp out in front of his truck and the dog would go up that to the mat and then follow it onto his roof, he'd meet him up there and put him in the tent.

Might be tough depending on what kind of vehicle you have though, I'd imagine the 80 windshield angle would be too steep for most dogs.

Back of the truck, or in the annex if it is set up.

We had a 105# mutt that would climb the ladder (up and down) from the deck to the houseboat roof to sleep with us. it was always entertaining to be in bed and hear him go either way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom