RTH bent my front OEM Toyota - TIE ROD VS SLEE HD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I did it, you should know that if there is huge rock its better to go around it not ram it like an IDIOT :deadhorse:

We did first aid we pulled it down with a winch so I got some of the steering back and stumbled home like lime duck

Need to order new ones, is the Slee tie rod better than Toyota??

Looks good, but they are expensive

They are but they’re also a little thicker than the Slee’s.

The safest way to go is to stick with factory bars. That way if something is going to bend or be damaged in the steering system it will be the bars rather than something more expensive.

They are but they’re also a little thicker than the Slee’s.

The safest way to go is to stick with factory bars. That way if something is going to bend or be damaged in the steering system it will be the bars rather than something more expensive.

Yes the fuze theory, I know

I’ve been happy with my Slee tie rod and drag link.

Did look at the Bud Built, but didn’t want to wait the three to four weeks lead time.

Marlin makes some thick walled drag links too.

Hummm....looks like it comes with all the TRE and is a simple bolt on? I do have a torn TRE boot.:hmm:

I'm going marlin when I upgrade mine in a week or two. They are strong enough to not totally wreck everything else. anyone know a good steering stabilizer drag link mount?

I had similar damage last December, but it was with a high chunk of ice.

I got new TRE and a Slee drag link. Pretty beefy bar. The best part of getting these parts was when re centering the steering wheel I used my hands, not. 14” pipe wrench

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom