RTH Alternator pivot seized (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, it's been a while since I've had to ask anything bc everything that you can do w a TLC is talked about here. Anyway, I was changing my belts today and I loosened the pivot bolt on my alternator and the tension bolt below and still no budging. I hit the alternator w a drift and hammer and a piece of the alternator chipped Not wanting to replace an alternator as well I thought I'd ask for some help.

IMG_0805.JPG

Hmmm...did you nearly remove the tension bolt or just loosen it?

So that works for the larger belts. So that's done, and luckily I live in Alaska so I won't need AC for a while bc the adjusting bolt sheared off of the AC compressor belt tensioner

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0809.JPG

I'd find a pulley shaft and adjusting screw used on the classifieds. Probably tons available for cheap from parted out rigs. If I still had my donor engine I'd send it to you for cost of shipping

Toyota lists the following number for the "pulley assembly" and implies it includes the shaft, but based on the cost I'm not sure: 88440-26090
long broken bolt: 88446-35040

Dang Blue...ease up on the creatine monohydrate! ;)

Thanks for the PN's Bloc. looks like I get to spend more money. theres a pick n pull close by, maybe I can flip one over in there and get some nice things for my old lady.

FYI the tensioner pulley shaft and bolt were the same on my mid-90s Toyota pickup. Likely 4Runner too. Take yours off and get some measurements to bring to the yard but I'd bet they are on even more cars than Toyota trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom