ROTW ROTW: Pbgbottle (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for all the compliments .:cheers::beer:
i don't really have an opinion of which is better ,I love my sm465 tho, i have never tried out a sm420 . after everything i have learned over the ears i ,am interested in a sm420 ,just because it is shorter and would like to shove a toybox in there one day ,guess i could also go with an orion ,or find the one inch adapter plate for the 465 and use my sm465 :grinpimp:who knows . i went with the 465 because it was free

Jake;)

Great Pics. Very cool. Good to hear the bestop is holding up. How do you like the sm465? Do you have any opinions about sm465 vs. sm420?

Cheers,
Chad

OH! one more, found a pic of the checkerplate undercoated first

IMG_0548 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Good stuff. What paint did you use on the body?

I had to go and look at the can .i got the paint for free .it had been on a guys shelf for over 10 years ,he said it was probably garbage . it was my first paint job .sprayerd some primer .then sprayed the paint .i didn't even think about wet sanding .just wanted it done . can says dupont centari acrylic enamel

can't read the color other than the word metallic.

:cheers: Jake

Good stuff. What paint did you use on the body?

2 Thumbs Up

Nice Cruiser, looks like all the hard work paid off. In looking at the frame pic's, I'm trying to figure out how the rear mounts are set up, as I don't see the usuall propeller mount on the back of the tcase. Something under the adapter? Good job. Al

a small update . pic of cruiser with cage and jump seats installed.

added my 4x4labs highsteer ,marlin crawler heavy duty inner axles seals,a set of marlins chromo birfs (slightly used and cheap) large pattern knuckles and Aisin lock outs :grinpimp: also used Georg's (orangfj45) knuckle rebuild kit with koyo bearings.

:cheers:

Jake

HPIM0625 [800x600].JPG
IMG_0080 [800x600].JPG
IMG_0107 [800x600].JPG

Last edited:
Jake,

Didn't see this thread until now!

And never seen your rig closer than I had seen in your avatar before. :hillbilly:

It's nice to see where/how it all began and how far you've come (and are going!)

Thanks, btw, for the numerous and very cumbersome/tireless assistance you've given me with the EPC DVD. You're a stand up guy and a nice (and nice-looking) family to boot!

Mot :cheers:

Just keeps getting better and better !! Nice cage addition !:beer:

Hi All:

Hey "Pbgbottle,"

Great "ROTW" thread, thanks for sharing with us! :cheers:

Regards,

Alan

a small update :grinpimp:

over the past few months i have been dialing in my 4X4 labs high-steer , had some spring hitting issues ,all solved now .
i also decided to clean up my hard top and doors i have not had a hard top on my rig in over 15 years. i just dissasembled everything .did a quick sand job and put it all back together and rattle canned it tremclad rust paint Wild raspberry ,i didn't have the patience any more to do a proper matching paint job:doh: needless to say the roof will be comeing back off. way to top heavy for my likeing ,i like the feel of the soft-top way better. any ways here is a pic, the high-steer sure cleans up the look of the front end also

:cheers: Jake

IMG_0446 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom