ROTW-nmostofi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great pic of the bumper. If you don't mind a couple more from different angles i would greatly appreciate it. Saving ideas for a possible homebrewed.

Nice looking rig. I was wondering whay your had the ladder on the rear bumper, but I see in the Moab pics you have a roof rack

The clear ARB lenses were made by fellow board member nakman. They are very nicely made and I got them in two days. PM him and see if he has any left. The 83 fj40 belongs to my brother who recently moved out of the country. We bought it for him with the intention of building it up for him to wheel unfortunately he came upon a good opportunity and has temporary moved. If you are interested PM me and I will give you all the details.

Concrete let me know what angles you want i.e. the wings, underneath, spindle etc. and I will take some pics for you either tonight if it’s not too dark or tomorrow morning.

Romer, my Garvin half rack now resides on (Robert) cc93cruiser's truck. One of my future mods is getting either an INTI or African outback full-length rack with an oasis roof top tent.

Navid...

Great looking 80!
I must say the sliders I got from you are still holding up well, and have proven themselves many times.

I would be interested in the design changes that Jasper made to Jim's design of the storage system. Or at least some close-up pics. The sides especially, where the hinges are.

Thanks Bro

Hey Brotha! What's happening?!

Nice rig you've got there, it has a showroom look! You must have had it detailed before all those pics eh?

BTW, the drawer system is my fav :grinpimp:

I think we need to meet up for lunch next week, give me a call!

- JJ

What's up Jasper, people seem to love the drawer system that you made. I know I love it:) can you post the thread that you discussed building the drawers ? I will call you and we can go visit Cindy at Toyota 101

blupaddler good to hear fom you, glad the sliders are serving you well. See you at the next surf and turf ? I will post pics for you tomorow

What's up everyone,
I've received several requisites for more detailed pics of the rear bumper and the drawer system, so here they are.

That drawer looks great. A couple of questions, would you trust those latches to hold it closed on a hill with it full of heavy stuff? Are they bolted through the piece of wood for strength or simply screwed on?

Navid

Thx Bro! Another question, sorry if it is a repeat...where did you get the grab handle for the passenger on the dash? Or is that just a 1993 thing?

Wow man, what an awesome rig!!! I love it!!! Great color, great care, great mods, all well thought out and all apparently thought out with fellow cruiser heads - ya cant go wrong that way! I'm really impressed. Love the bumper, love the drawers. I think we need a before and after follow up (not that it is not modded enough already) just so we can see the outback roofrack and tent system. Very cool. :cool:

Some diamond plating on the drawer front would give it a real professional look. Just my .02.

Quote: Some diamond plating on the drawer front would give it a real professional look. Just my .02.

And add weight for no gain other than possible aesthetics...

As you might guess, I like it the way it is. Simple. Functional. Cean.

Charlie

grassyass. I really dig the 4x4 labs bumper. Tough decisions as hanna,slee and 4x4labs are all top notch bumpers. I think i'm digging the labs bumper more though.

concretejungle said:
grassyass. I really dig the 4x4 labs bumper. Tough decisions as hanna,slee and 4x4labs are all top notch bumpers. I think i'm digging the labs bumper more though.

Functional, too, as you gain departure angle. But you have to be willing to cut off the rear crossmember.

That said, I hope to have mine by the time summer is over, in time for the annual 80s on the `Con run in September!

dclee said:
Functional, too, as you gain departure angle. But you have to be willing to cut off the rear crossmember.

That said, I hope to have mine by the time summer is over, in time for the annual 80s on the `Con run in September!

The cutting of the cross member and the price or the only thing that stopped me from getting the 4x4 bumper instead of the Hanna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom