ROTW-nmostofi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hi Doug, those pics are from Moab I believe, did you go this year? I wish I could have made it but it was smack in the middle of my finals and since I was graduating this year their was no way I could take the time off :frown: Derek get on Lukes ass about the bumper :) Can't wait for the 80's on the con :cheers:

Navid,
Amazing truck and thank you for sharing. HOw do you like the Hella Blk magics? they 55w bulbs? Do you have a pic with the stone guards off?

-Sam-

nmostofi said:
Hi Doug, those pics are from Moab I believe, did you go this year?...
Yes, I went this year -- missed you out there :)

(photo credits - Amando Mendoza; Golden Spike trail)

Navid,
Your truck looks awesome! I too love your drawer system and luke's rear bumper. To everyone the pictures don't do the truck justice. It looks great in person! Can't wait to get back up north and do some wheeling w/ you and robert and the other nor cal guys.

Talk to you later!

Steve

I remember Romeo from Pismo. He was headed to China most often from what I remember. Dog loved to dig! hehehe. Oh yea....remember the truck as well - very nice, especially the rear bumber with ladder to roof rack!

nmostofi said:
Finally a shot of the OEM JDM side moldings waiting to get installed. They are very high quality. I am just waiting for the final piece to arrive before I install all eight pieces. My parts person told me it should be here this week from Japan.[/

Do you have to drill holes to mount the side mouldings

Last edited:
PKP80 thank you, yes the hella's are 55W, I’m not really into lights, I don't do a lot of night wheeling but the Hella's definitely do the job. They are high quality and are made in Germany unlike some Hella products that are made in China. In hindsight I should have probably spent a little bit more and gone with some Lightface or IPF's. Here are a couple of pics with the stone shields off.

Doug I was thinking about you guys during CruiseMoab week. Robert, his father and offroadkid (Josh) and I went to Hollister that weekend just to get the wheeling out of our system, it didn't work :) would have liked to be in Moab, oh well for sure next year. You can always count on Mando for a good pic.

YngTLCOwner it was wonderful to meet you and your girlfriend. It was cool caravanning in all our cruisers to go get lunch in Palo Alto with Drexx and the crew. Defiantly call me when you come to N.Cali.

cc93cruiser said:
The carbon fiber dash kit looks much better up close! My father, Navid and I all work on our cruisers together. And those moldings are going to to stand out big time! Once Navid gets the last part, we will install them and he should take some more pics of the cruiser ..Oh yeah, What no pics of Romeo, He is also a fellow cruiser head too!

716vq1.jpg

is this a 2.5" lift on you 93' ?

Brentbba yes that was Romeo digging to China at Pismo. He just seems to go off when ever we go to Pismo, luckily he doesn’t do that in the backyard. My first year at Pismo he dug a hole so deep behind my rear tire that when we were leaving I got stuck in it :doh: had to lock it up to get out :) thanks for the compliment about the truck.

Acolella the side moldings can be had at your local Toyota dealer. I highly recommend that you give CruiserDan a call regarding the moldings you can find his contact info in the vendor section. He will give you the Ih8mud discount, which should keep you from having a hart attack
:) The ones pictured are for the 93-93 models the later ones 95-97 are like the ones on the 40th anniversary edition, they are a different shade of gray and don't say four wheel drive on the driver and passenger sidepieces. I should be getting the last piece this week if so I will post pics.

Acolella yes that is the 2.5" OME kit the springs are the heavy 850 in the front with a 1" Mr. Gasket spacer, the rear's are the 863 springs. You do not need to drill holes in the body to install the side moldings. They come with these plastic plugs that glued on they can be taken off with a set of pillars and a razor blade. Their purpose is to position the moldings correctly over the body of the vehicle.

LR_RESQ I am running 285/75/16 Goodyear MTR's they are my second set. The first ones lasted me close to 60k miles and were still going strong. Mudrack is using two of them for his military trailer.

Acolella good luck on your built up, let me know if you have any questions in the future.

LR_RESQ thanks for the complement, I think everyone wishes they were running 35's :) right now the 285's are fine for the type of wheeling that I do, they have handled everything that I have thrown at them. When this set of tires wears out I think I will consider 35's with a Slee 6" lift. My immediate future mod is a Power tank air tank system. After that it’s going to have to be either a Yeti or African Safari full size roof rack and an Oasis roof top tent.

Navid,

How much of the frame did 4x4 labs have to cut to install your rear bumper, did you get Wet Oakle seat covers for your rear seats or just the front?

Biff Luke just basically cut the rear cross member so he could push the bumper further inwards if that makes sense. The bumper has a cross member built into it. Here is a pic from under the truck looking up. I got both the front and the rear covers since I have a dog and wanted to protect the leather from getting scratched.

Great pics and great rig!! I personally like the CF. Where did you get the clear lenses for the ARB bumper? Also what's the deal with the 83 you have for sale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom