Builds ROTW - Manrigdude (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Now that really is a great ride. Deffinately a Big Boys Toy:cool:

that looks unreal , very well done . One problem I have though is at least half your pics were squares with red crosses in them. Whats the go?

Wow, very nice truck. You have done everything i want to do, except i will go with a 6 inch lift.

Any leak problems with the wire running through the roof? I want to do the same but find a cap with a female connector end so if i removed the rack i could just unclip the light plug.

Wow! Great truck and write up!!

This is a great ROTW. Info packed and picture packed. Very nice rig. I have a white LC too and how your rig looks like is what I wanted to do to mine.

Cool rig! You did an excellent job on your 80 in a short period of time. I really like your drawer system. I was wondering if you could share the details on the drawer sliders and handles. Where did you get them? Do you have any more pictures of the drawer construction? Thanks for the help and the excellent write up!!!!

Last edited:
Seems like you're getting alot of Wows! so I'll say this Trully beautiful rig-very impressed by how much you have done in such a little amt. of time. I would also like more info. on your drawers, I"m starting to get my info. together to build mine.

Last edited:
Ok - <skwaaak> - call me a parrot -

However, Great write up, Great pics,
I too would like details about your rear cargo drawers - a set is on my spring to do list.

Nice rig,
Whats up with the drawers.
I'm not seeing them?

Great looking ride. Looks like it has been outfitted with all the right gear. Nice work...

Love the 80, especially the white.

I think there is something very cool about built 80's on here that havent been seen much at all, and just kind show up like this.

Sweet truck though.

great job!

where does one find bridging ladders like these?

I'll second the nice dividers. I've been planning to build mine with dividers and was thinking it would be the only idea I didn't lift from someone else on mud, guess that won't be the case. Great write up and nice rig.

Nice rig and great write up!!!! :cheers:

ManrigDude said:
Regarding the fire extinguisher location, I hear you but I really think it is there to stay. I figure the seatbelt bolt was built to withstand a 200+ lb human yanking on it in a crash so my 5 lb fire extinguisher should be OK. I drilled a hole in the extinguisher bracket and then mounted it with a large washer to spread the potential load. I also used a couple of sheet metal screws through the bracket and into the sheet metal. Then it just comes down to the strength of the strap which I believe was designed for boat/motor vehicle use so . . . . I don't know. You have a point though.

The bracket will likely stay attached to the pillar. Will the extinguisher stay in the bracket?

nyk438 said:
How did you rig your front lights to the high beams? I'm running some 130 watt KC's on the front of mine and am getting tired of having to flip the switch every time. What all is needed to wire it?

Your rig is awesome. The write up was superb, keep cruisin. :cheers:

-Nick

It's been a while and I couldn't remember the specifics so I had to go out and take a look. Surely with 130 watt lights you are already using a relay so you really don't need anything else special. You just have to re-connect your switch/relay as shown below (I just drew a crude schematic because it's too hard to explain). Basically, you want to run a small 12v wire through your switch and to the trigger terminal on the relay. Then run a small wire to the wire loom that goes to the high-beam headlight (right behind the headlight by the radiator). The high-beam headlights are switched via the ground and the wire you want to tap-into is Red with a Yellow stripe. This wire is grounded when the headlights are completely off AND when the high beams are on. So, when your switch is ON, the relay has +12v to the trigger but no ground. When you switch on the high beams, the relay gets grounded and the relay closes (and the big lights come on). When you switch back to low-beams (via the turn signal stalk), the relay opens and the big lights go off. :cool:
DSCN7353.jpg

concretejungle said:
Any leak problems with the wire running through the roof? I want to do the same but find a cap with a female connector end so if i removed the rack i could just unclip the light plug.

No leaks so far and this is Oregon! The rubber grommet kind of seals in the grooves of the corrugated tubing and then I sealed the whole works on the inside (you have to pull the headliner back a little bit) with silicone. I taped all the tubing with electrical tape to keep water from getting inside the tubing and running down through the hole. The connector would definately be a good idea if you intend to take the rack on and off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom