ROTF - Bluetribal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sweet rig, that looks great without the flares.

Thanks eDog, I think so too. It's the way the 80's were intended to be in my opinion.
I love the way the tires just stick out past the fenders!
P1010100.JPG

Unfortunately I can't bring myself to remove the rock deflector because it has worn away the paint in the middle but I hate the look of Durabak on the hood.

Finally did a ROTW (...er ROTF). Nice!

You inspired me to remove my flares . . . permanently. Your rig looked so clean without them, I had to do it. It was lame re-mounting those things every time I ripped one off.

Did you do the drawer plans in Rivet? Looks great.

BTW: I think you forgot to add SDTrux to your "Thanks" list :D.

Finally did a ROTW (...er ROTF). Nice!

You inspired me to remove my flares . . . permanently. Your rig looked so clean without them, I had to do it. It was lame re-mounting those things every time I ripped one off.

Did you do the drawer plans in Rivet? Looks great.

BTW: I think you forgot to add SDTrux to your "Thanks" list :D.

FINALLY!
So you were sick of this!
P1010031.JPG

P1010033.JPG

Yeah I used REVIT for the design, still trying to learn the program the families are an ordeal all on their own!

And you are so right. I have to thank John of SD Trux for sure, although I did mention them under my Birff maintenance.

Your rig is coming along great Mark. It only has to be as hardcore as you want/need it to be.

:cheers: for posting up your S-10, sweet even if it isn't a Yota. :D

Your rig is coming along great Mark. It only has to be as hardcore as you want/need it to be.

*Correction* It only is as hardcore as your wallet can handle!

:cheers: for posting up your S-10, sweet even if it isn't a Yota. :D

Yeah that was fun for 5 years but man I really wish I would have gotten air bags on it! And yeah I would have loved it to have been a Yota too.

wow that was really a great red and the work you have done is great. I wish I had a tenth of your mad skills and hands. Keep up the good work. This from a guy who has a 97lx450 and 96 LC to do groceries and drive to the beach..

Even being close to stock you have an awesome rig right there; keep up the great work!:clap:

Yeah I would like to be much further along but about a week after buying it I was let go from my job, had a new crap job by the end of that week but I have been bouncing around more than I would like from job to job over the last 3 years. And the way times are now I am just lucky to have a job although they are a little behind in pay checks at the moment. :meh:

Yeah I used REVIT for the design, still trying to learn the program the families are an ordeal all on their own!

Why did you use REVIT?
I'm in MEP engineering, and I can barely stand REVIT for its intended purpose. It just doesn't seem user-friendly for something such as you drawer design.

I know that's barely a technical question, but I'm interested.

Well I am currently working with Revit and it is quickly becoming the industry standard and as a CAD detailer also in the MEP field I want to stay on the cutting edge. So I was playing with it every chance I could. I am currently working on a project where all of the fan coils, VAV's & just about every piece of equipment is modeled up in Revit. The entire project will be modeled, coordinated in 3D and guaranteed to work prior to being bid on.

If you have any other questions feel free to PM me as I don't want this thread to get off track.

I hope that someone else is next up ready to show off their rig tomorrow. It has been a fun 2 weeks, thanks for all the props and I hope I inspired some of you other non-lifted cruiser owners that you don't have to have a lift to play off-road!

And I just want to finish off my Fortnight with some of my favorite Cruiser shots from the trail!
Camping on the beach in San Felipe, MX
P1010188.jpg

Somewhere in the middle of a dry lake bed between San Felipe & Mexicali
P1010198.jpg

P1010201.jpg

Hole In The Wall trail Death Valley N.P.
D1-28.JPG

4 Wheel Drive Only - Death Valley N.P.
D3-90.JPG

Coming Down "The Slot" in Ocotillo Wells, CA - VIDEO
P1010033.jpg

Washed-Out trail in Ocotillo, CA - VIDEO
P1010063.JPG

No Problem
P1010067.JPG

Picturesque Guadalupe Canyon, MX
P1010043.JPG

Sand Stone Canyon - Borrego N.P.
P1010075.JPG

Rock Garden action in S.S. Canyon
P1010072.JPG

Stuck between a rock & a dirt wall in Truckhaven - Borrego N.P.
P1010018.jpg

Superstition Mtn. - Ocotillo, CA
P1010015.JPG

Outside my home town at the foot of the Sierra Nevada Mtn's
P1010004.JPG

Coming down Del Diablo Drop-Off in Borrego N.P.
P1010009.JPG

Under a ledge in Fish Creek Wash - Borrego N.P.
P1010020.JPG

Hope you all enjoyed my ROTF :cheers:

Last edited:
Last edited:
A few trips over the last three years.

Buckman/Jacumba PHOTOS>>
P1010670.JPG

Chariot Canyon PHOTOS>>
IMG_0099.jpg

Plaster City Extravaganza PHOTOS>>

Anza Borrego Wild Flower Hunt PHOTOS>>

Baja 1,000 Pitting for MasterCraft Safety PHOTOS>> VIDEO1>> VIDEO2>> VIDEO3>>
IMG_1902.JPG

A day outing to Ocotillo to test out the IRON MAN Suspension PHOTOS>>
529.JPG

A great B-Day trip on the Mojave Trail PHOTOS>>
IMG_0293.JPG

I really have been slacking on the photos over the last three years. I will have to really step it up in the future.

Hope you enjoy the updates. Six GREAT Years of ownership and I still love my 80 Series!!!! :steer:

Last edited:
lift?

I am curious Bluetribal. You do some serious offroading but I don't see a lift in your current or future modifications. Is this something you just don't care for? I would think it would help give clearance over the desert rocks and terrain.
Despite my above comment I AM a fan of a stock looking suspension and hope to add some 305 tires on my rig when the current ones expire. You have a really clean looking truck!

I am curious Bluetribal. You do some serious offroading but I don't see a lift in your current or future modifications. Is this something you just don't care for? I would think it would help give clearance over the desert rocks and terrain.
Despite my above comment I AM a fan of a stock looking suspension and hope to add some 305 tires on my rig when the current ones expire. You have a really clean looking truck!

Actually I did finally get my lift last Christmas see below for pics... I have a 2" Iron Man Lift. I was going to go 4" but after my trip to Baja for the 1,000 I realized I like to hit the washes with a little speed and 2" had to be the best choice for me.

A day outing to Ocotillo to test out the IRON MAN Suspension PHOTOS>>

463.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom