For Sale Rome, GA : 1983 FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Posting for a friend. Has a 5cyl Mercedes Turbo Diesel in it. Aluminum wheels with 37/12.50 Military tires.Body has been painted with bedliner $2,500. Frame has some rust and so does the body.
49BD57D5-2D45-42E6-948A-CEC5046FED54.jpeg
F148EC82-9E4A-4BBA-A0A1-2994B8E63C2F.jpeg
428153CA-F8FB-4BF4-A003-E23158A9F98D.jpeg
DA0C2A71-E57B-4FEF-97C0-767AD8060BC1.jpeg

13E9C63B-6E0E-4A25-9CCB-FC074D38C425.png

love to see some photos of the engine and details about the swap

This is the only pic I have. If you want to talk to the owner I can send you his contact info.

99CD5705-5D51-4ABB-AA32-0034B39049FE.jpeg

PM sent

Sold, I bought this one today...

Do a write up on how it drives when you get a chance. Even if its running down farm roads at midnight with the lights off :) curious how the little merc diesel does.

Well so far, it likes to shift lanes without asking at anything over 25 miles an hour. 😁 I think it has the wrong u-bolts on the front axle (square not round) and they look loose like the axle may be shifting when going down the road. My initial plans are to get it running and driving a little better to determine what issues there are with the truck. Then, I plan to take the tires, axles, wheels, high steer, and several other parts to put on my fj60. I will likely take the Mercedes diesel driveline out for a future project as the body and frame are rotted on this truck. Still unsure if I will put the diesel in a first gen 4Runner, fj40, or something else...

Well so far, it likes to shift lanes without asking at anything over 25 miles an hour. 😁 I think it has the wrong u-bolts on the front axle (square not round) and they look loose like the axle may be shifting when going down the road. My initial plans are to get it running and driving a little better to determine what issues there are with the truck. Then, I plan to take the tires, axles, wheels, high steer, and several other parts to put on my fj60. I will likely take the Mercedes diesel driveline out for a future project as the body and frame are rotted on this truck. Still unsure if I will put the diesel in a first gen 4Runner, fj40, or something else...

Glad you picked this up my buddy. I originally looked at it a couple weeks ago. I wanted it for a few things to go on my 60. Had another buddy possibly wanting the motor to put in a Jeepster. The pieces that I was hoping to get off of it just weren’t in good enough shape for my needs. The tires and wheels on this thing are awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom