RLC rear tire carrier / swing out / jerry can / custom fab bumper (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I saw the post above describing the camera relocation. I just can't see the camera in the pictures or exactly how the wire was routed out of the vehicle, through the quarter panel and onto the swingout. I've got some time and may even have someone else do the install.

I saw the post above describing the camera relocation. I just can't see the camera in the pictures or exactly how the wire was routed out of the vehicle, through the quarter panel and onto the swingout. I've got some time and may even have someone else do the install.
The beamin build The rear camera relocation is described and photos to give visual reference on the first page of my build thread. Hope that helps. If you have more questions I'll try to help you the best I can.

Really nice bumper, thanks for sharing!
Those of you who purchased this bumper, could you comment if it fits inside the car? I’m thinking of the logistics to take it to a paint shop. Does it come fully assembled or does it require some welding?

Thanks

I was second on the list and had the benefit of Willy B's design. It's a really nice bumper with the best feature being the exceptional departure angle... probably the best out there.

You could fit it into the truck I think with seats flat. No welding required.

If you order one, ask him to add a swing out lock. I didn't and regret it. Other than that, it's really solid.

enhance

enhance

Looks great, thank you steenh!

@steenh, if you don't have the spare mounted, can you open the rear hatch without opening the swing out?

@TexAZ No, you can't. It's very tight to the rear of the truck

enhance

Thanks steen, mentally tracking how often i get in the back, trying to guess how much a pain it will be opening the swingout everytime.

Hoping to get a bumper installed prior to this year's adventure.

FYI,
I spoke with RLC a few weeks back and based on current workload, he is not doing anymore 200 series bumpers.

Fingers crossed something will change but it looks like those who got one were part of a lucky few.

Noooooooo.......say it isn't so.

Thanks steen, mentally tracking how often i get in the back, trying to guess how much a pain it will be opening the swingout everytime.

Hoping to get a bumper installed prior to this year's adventure.

About swing-out hassles... It's definitely an extra step...but even on my Slee rear bumper with TWO swing-outs...I timed it at average speed, and it basically costs an extra 11 seconds compared to simply opening the rear hatch. Not a big deal, though definitely more work for frequent access. The biggest "disadvantages" (besides 11 seconds) are that its harder to open/close when you are carrying items in your hands...and that you need room behind the vehicle for the arm to move freely.

That's really too bad. It's a really nice lower cost option. Especially back when I got mine a year or so before Slee came out with his. At least now there are options out there. Wasn't much beyond ARB and Kaymar back then.

FYI,
I spoke with RLC a few weeks back and based on current workload, he is not doing anymore 200 series bumpers.

Fingers crossed something will change but it looks like those who got one were part of a lucky few.

James is training some new help and its taking up his time. I just spoke with him and he's still game on for making the 200 series rear bumpers. His lead time has now grown a bit but that's temporary. NO need to fret you can be one of the lucky few!

This is encouraging. The update I received 2-3 weeks ago seemed a little less optimistic but I told him I'd keep in touch, with the hopes his outlook would change in a few months.

Fretting will now cease...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom