Review of online parts from Japan? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone here ever used yoshi parts co?
I need a 45280-60370 upper column bracket and I would like new. I found it on yoshi site just curious if they are legit.

I use 3 sites from Japan only Megazip claims they can get it the rest say it is out of production with megazip you will never know. I payed 800 for VAF sensor and they returned the money, although the site shows they have it

Amayama, Partsouq and Megazip are all legit sources. Not to say other places aren't. Yoshi Parts looks just like another Amayama in that it probably is able to source genuine Japanese parts for a range of manufacturers by tapping into various parts inventories.

Last edited:

I use 3 sites from Japan only Megazip claims they can get it the rest say it is out of production with megazip you will never know. I payed 800 for VAF sensor and they returned the money, although the site shows they have it
I wet myself even seeing an OEM VAF for sale.

Has anyone here ever used yoshi parts co?
I need a 45280-60370 upper column bracket and I would like new. I found it on yoshi site just curious if they are legit.
Not a professional company. I bought three sets of brake shoes and fuel sending unit from Yoshi parts. I asked in wring if all parts come in their original boxes/packaging and assured that they did. When I received the parts, the brake shoes were in plastic bags, I reached out to them several time and finally they said they were trying to save on shipping (the shipping that I paid for in full) and did not send me the boxes. After two weeks of going back and forth, I asked to get the boxes or a partial refund, they said that the fuel sending unit that I bough from them is should have been $890 and I had paid $100 for it and wanted me to give them the difference if I wanted them to fix the problem with the brake shoes. The fuel sending unit is the range of $220-$250 online all over. Then they said that I should send everything back to an address in Japan and pay for shipping myself, they when they receive the parts, they would issue a refund and pay for the shipping. All i wanted was to get the boxes for my parts that I was promised. I don't trust this company at all to send the parts back to Japan, pay for shipping and the end, not receive a refund. Stay away from this company.

Not a professional company. I bought three sets of brake shoes and fuel sending unit from Yoshi parts. I asked in wring if all parts come in their original boxes/packaging and assured that they did. When I received the parts, the brake shoes were in plastic bags, I reached out to them several time and finally they said they were trying to save on shipping (the shipping that I paid for in full) and did not send me the boxes. After two weeks of going back and forth, I asked to get the boxes or a partial refund, they said that the fuel sending unit that I bough from them is should have been $890 and I had paid $100 for it and wanted me to give them the difference if I wanted them to fix the problem with the brake shoes. The fuel sending unit is the range of $220-$250 online all over. Then they said that I should send everything back to an address in Japan and pay for shipping myself, they when they receive the parts, they would issue a refund and pay for the shipping. All i wanted was to get the boxes for my parts that I was promised. I don't trust this company at all to send the parts back to Japan, pay for shipping and the end, not receive a refund. Stay away from this company.
All that over a couple of cardboard boxes?

I haven't done business with Yoshi, but have purchased a lot of parts from ebay sellers in Japan and gotten excellent deals, and not been burned (yet).

Amayama is by far the slowest delivery for me so far. PartsSouk is amazing fast - sometimes faster than buying from a stateside dealer.

Hi everyone,

Big thanks to all of you who've shared positive feedback. It means a lot to us.

@Partscars, we totally understand why you expected your auto parts in their original boxes. We should explain that your order was packed to comply with FedEx limits. This meant that some of the spare parts were removed from their original packaging at the distributor's packaging warehouse to reduce the overall size of the box. We understand this was not a good decision, and we agree it was our mistake.

The spare parts are still in perfect working condition, and the original stickers with the spare part number were kept and included in the package. We hope this explanation helps to clarify the situation, and we apologize again for any inconvenience caused.
We have taken the necessary steps to ensure that such incidents do not occur in the future and instructed our packing staff to include the original manufacturer's package.

Unfortunately, we can't send the original boxes to you. However, we would like to remind you that we are willing to bear the return shipping costs to our warehouse and provide you with a full refund once we have received the returned parts according to our return policy. Please write to us via messages on the website so that we can resolve this.

You can't please everyone. Feel free to keep any original boxes that unnecessarily add to shipping costs if you send anything to me from halfway around the world. Original packaging goes right in the trash or recycling.

Maybe make it an option to ship the extra cardboard if the buyer agrees to pay the higher shipping?

Seems like a lot of overhead for little value added.

Please note that the person providing this input joined the forum five days ago to log on and complain:

IMG_4273.jpeg

I personally want all OEM packaging. Besides the part number label, it's another factoid to confirm that it's an authentic OEM part from the manufacturer. There are TONS of fake parts outside of the US. There is an entire billion dollar industry in manufacturing sub-par/fake OEM parts and selling them to unsuspecting/uninformed/ignorant consumers looking for the cheapest price.

Toyota has very stringent packaging technical documentation that part suppliers have to adhere. It's paramount importance.

Always, always send OEM parts in OEM packaging.

I personally want all OEM packaging. Besides the part number label, it's another factoid to confirm that it's an authentic OEM part from the manufacturer. There are TONS of fake parts outside of the US. There is an entire billion dollar industry in manufacturing sub-par/fake OEM parts and selling them to unsuspecting/uninformed/ignorant consumers looking for the cheapest price.

Toyota has very stringent packaging technical documentation that part suppliers have to adhere. It's paramount importance.

Always, always send OEM parts in OEM packaging.
I wasn't aware of the widespread fraud issue. I can imagine with your experience and expertise, you can tell packaging that isn't Toyota.

I am fairly certain I wouldn't be able to tell a real Toyota box from a counterfeit. And I am certain that I've never tried. I wouldn't know the first thing to look for.

I wasn't aware of the widespread fraud issue. I can imagine with your experience and expertise, you can tell packaging that isn't Toyota.

I am fairly certain I wouldn't be able to tell a real Toyota box from a counterfeit. And I am certain that I've never tried. I wouldn't know the first thing to look for.

Absolutely. As well as the font/lettering/date codes on labels (which also have Toyota engineering standards)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom