reverse and awning lights please help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i have 5 led lights 4x 5inch floods to go on each corner of my roofracks and one 12 inchto go on the rear of the roof racks. I want each corner light to turn on from one switch and the 12 inch and the two back 5 inch light to turn on when I put it in reverse. now some lad helped me out but I don't know how to draw it up could you guys please help will post what ole mate said below. NOTE ( negatively switched circuit )

You will need a few bits to make it happen. You'll need a changeover relay and two switches and some 5 core trailer wire, about 6m You'll need to switch the reverse trigger to the rear lights so you can have reverse without the high level lights (legal requirement) Then you will need your on/off switch for your work lights. I'm not 100%, but I've heard the work light switch must be out of reach of the driver to comply with the law. You'll need to check that. Now, For the lights to work you will need to wire the front lights to your switch. The rear lights are wired through the relay. Connect the lights to pin 30 on the relay. Connect switched reverse to pin 87a on the relay Connect power from front worklights to pin 86 of the relay Connect earth to pin 85 of the relay Connect power supply to pin 87 ( you can loop between 86 & 87 ) If you get it right, it will work how you want to. No I will not draw you a diagram, I don't have the resources.

back up, what year is your cruiser and do you have ewd for it? where are you located?

and which would you like to start with, corners or backup? do you know how a relay works?

Red? Electrical wiring diagram, put out by Toyota. You'll have to find your reverse light, wire, but I can draw up a diagram when I get to work....

Red? Electrical wiring diagram, put out by Toyota. You'll have to find your reverse light, wire, but I can draw up a diagram when I get to work....
That would be awesome and would help out a lot cheers, yes I have the Gregory's manual.

I have figured out how to hook the reverse light up but I'm stuck at how to draw it up so I can turn all lights on and when I turn them off put in reverse and lights come on

I have figured out how to hook the reverse light up but I'm stuck at how to draw it up so I can turn all lights on and when I turn them off put in reverse and lights come on

So can you clarify this

As you can see the top diagram is just if I wanted reverse lights.
The bottom is my attempt at trying to make out what ole mate explained to do. But I found a problem in my drawing.

On the front lights I have the (-) grounded on the lights and the positive running to a switch with an in line fuse now that's fine but I need all five lights to turn on so a relay is added for the reverse part of the assembly. The power on the open side of the switch is connected to 86 then looped to add power to 87. But as the switch is in a closed position the relay has no power to it until the switch is closed. But once closed the from lights come on. Any further information would help thank you

IMAG0478.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom