Resuscitating My vortec Powered 60, Wont Start (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I remember correctly them sumbioches (FIS) put the fuses on the driver side fender...
Hope is a bad fuse, and not a crappy solder / broken wire somewhere along the harness......

If I remember correctly them sumbioches (FIS) put the fuses on the driver side fender...
Hope is a bad fuse, and not a crappy solder / broken wire somewhere along the harness......

Thanks Manu,

I did find a 4 fuse strip under the steering wheel, all 4 looked & ohm'ed out ok. Time to start tracing wires.

CK all the grounds on the motor to the frame .... I had to add one years ago to fix mine

CK all the grounds on the motor to the frame .... I had to add one years ago to fix mine

Joel, I am going to have to check out the whole harness, I did add a couple of ground wires but no start.

Has the vehicle antitheft been turned off in the computer ?

assume the truck ran after the transmission install, but has otherwise sat for an extended period without running. And no other changes have been made or work performed/parts swapped since that time. As noted fuel pressure would be number one to check (appears in this thread that has occurred). One also assume you have good battery or batteries and no issues with loose cables or connections and engine turns over well but no start. Also assume you have no trouble codes set in the ECM? What if any things have occurred since the last time the truck was running? Does the truck need the neutral safety switch active to start?

Update on my slow progress... seems that the injectors were the problem. I also had to rebuild the wiring harness cause i had a pyro-accident that melted some wires & connectors. Any feedback on GB line reman injectors? Or, should I just find some at a junkyard and send them to Mr. injector?

Here is an email from Bill at Mr. Injector, great & inexpensive service, he has done other injectors for me before.

Hi Luis,

Your injectors arrived for service and have been evaluated. I was not able to get the injectors to cycle even after several hours of heated immersion cleaning in an ultrasonic cleaner. The set will need to be replaced. At this point you don’t own anything for the evaluation, there will only be a $6.50 charge for return shipping.

I checked over at rockauto.com for injectors. The have them in the GB line (OEM original equipment) for $26.79 plus core charge. The GB part number is 832-11182.

I’m shipping your cores back today. You should receive an email with a tracking number. Bill

Bill Johnson / Mr Injector

Its that price per unit, or set?

With all that work done already.....i would go with new...

Its that price per unit, or set?

With all that work done already.....i would go with new...

Manu, $26 is price per injector...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom