Restoration: 1FZ-FE Oil Cooler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I had a small coolant leakage from the passenger side, I never expected to find disaster like this lurking beneath the front exhaust manifold.

Photo 7.12.2017, 17 27 28.jpg
Photo 7.12.2017, 17 27 20.jpg
Photo 7.12.2017, 17 17 08.jpg
Photo 7.12.2017, 17 15 50.jpg

Wow

Yeah that oil cooler is in a terrible spot under the exhaust manifolds, it is one of those "why did Toyota do that" I have often thought of blocking it off and running an external oil cooler, but it just isn't on my list f priorities since I replaced it with all new parts 3 years ago.

Imagine what the inside of that radiator looks like...

Now, that’s the RIGHT way to do it !

Every time I think I might not pull the engine in my LX I see a thread like this and it reminds me how much better I will feel if I just do EVERYTHING at once with it out of the truck and easily accessible.

Well done Dino!!

Perhaps you would add the part names/numbers you used to make this fine repair.
Not so much for me, but for the kids of the world and our future.
It's nice to have pics and parts together. Please

Some of these part numbers are superseded in the US market. FYI.

Different markets have different hardware localizations.

My rig is 1994 FZJ80L-GNPEKA and I use database that has 4 markets USA/EU/JP and General market. I order according to my VIN and I have written that this is what I ordered and installed

Depending on price I will decide where to buy the parts.

If I use old numbers in the USA or from different market the system will convert them to the suerseded new members and will check that it is proper to my vehicle

It is not rocket science

‏‏לכידה.JPG

My rig is 1994 FZJ80L-GNPEKA and I use database that has 4 markets USA/EU/JP and General market. I order according to my VIN and I have written that this is what I ordered and installed

Depending on price I will decide where to buy the parts.

If I use old numbers in the USA or from different market the system will convert them to the suerseded new members and will check that it is proper to my vehicle

It is not rocket science

View attachment 1588577

I didn't say it was rocket science.

I was merely mentioning the hardware part numbers are different in the US market since Toyota localizes hardware manufacture and those numbers are superseded to US market hardware numbers. The numbers in the EPC will always be original service part number specifications as designed by part procurement engineers.

Hi Dino,
Just picked up a 96 GXL...a little "scruffy" but only 165k kms and mostly just hand work to clean up bits and pieces, a good buy for 5k aud.
I saw your post after I got to some gunk in the same spot as yours and just wanted to know if you had any evidence of muck under your radiator cap from the coolant. I have some buildup under the cap but I am pretty sure it's nothing serious like a blown head gasket.
Oil stays clean, blows no smoke, runs really well, tranny oil all good as well. Thats why I went looking around the oil cooler and bingo there is a weeping divot that I suspect is the cause for the coolant muck. Any info is appreciated.
The oil cap shot is after 1200kms running.
Cheers Dino

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0742.jpg

IMG_0480.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom