Restorapaloosa... My 1969 Restoration Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks awesome! Are you keeping this one? What brand of paint did you use?

after watching your first rebuild with the oil based paint from ACE with hardener I'm also curious what you have moved to since then. The single stage paint I used from TCP Global has drastically changed color since 3 years ago

after watching your first rebuild with the oil based paint from ACE with hardener I'm also curious what you have moved to since then. The single stage paint I used from TCP Global has drastically changed color since 3 years ago

I used three coats of PPG 2k polyeurathane single stage. No more ACE paint, even tho it did turn out nice, I dont know about its long term durability.

And thanks for all the kudo's...

Also yes, This rig is one I am selling ... More on that later... :)

:cheers:

Small update:

I had my exhaust re-routed to the stock location behind the drivers side rear wheel, Had the timing done and valve adjustment set. All critical fasteners were double checked by the pros.

Should be ready for pickup tonight...

:beer:

Lots of things going on with this build, but mainly I'm happy to report she is finished, added a couple finishing touches like the jack rods, jack etc... Ran a power wire near the radio in the console, cleaned up the drip rail. Also found out I had a carb issue, it was a trollhole carb, but Marshal is the man, and overnighted me a new one (great service) and the new carb runs like a champ!!! Thanks Trollhole!!!

So.... It's on to my next build.. I bought a 74 low rust Arizona Cruiser which I will marry to my "Red Headed Stepchild" 78 cruiser. I will begin a teardown on the Red Headed Step Child in the next couple weeks...!!! Swaping the body from the 74 onto the chassis of the 78. Since the rear of the 74 needs to be replaced, I'm going to replace it with a 78 rear sill, and build it with amby doors. The top is from a 81, so it should all go together just fine... :)

:beer:

Last edited:
Amazing work, nice to see another cruiser in town. :steer: call me crazy but that street looks familiar.

Thx ... 21st between market and d. 78 / 74 Freeborn red is up next. My sig has the links. Copper state is on the table.

Crazygreek your mailbox is full, wanted to ask you questions on your "water into wine" yellow zinc transformation.

Yellow zinc

Crazygreek your mailbox is full, wanted to ask you questions on your "water into wine" yellow zinc transformation.

Hey thanks, sorry my box is full. Need to re-up my membership!

Anyhoo, I bought this kit http://www.caswellplating.com/elect...c-plating-kits/chromates/yellow-chromate.html

Its about 32 bucks. You mix it with water. What I did was just buy new zinc hardware at Ace, then dipped them into this solution for about 60 seconds or so. This stuff works great!

I'll be happy to answer any other questions you have.

:cheers:

Perfect, just wanted to make sure I was getting the right stuff. Wish it came in a smaller quantities since I only need to make a half gallon but I'm sure I could use it for other stuff.

Since its been over three years, I thought I would bring this back up for your viewing pleasure and for the new peoples... :)

I also found out, that it was re-sold and now resides in Florida...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom