RestoMod Companies (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I second JP. BUT, he’s got an SWB he needs to focus on so I can watch and learn - and be a bit - no, a lot jealous.

Hey Guys, I’m trying to find people that have purchased FJ40’s from Resurrection, Black Dog, the FJ Company or any other shops of that league. What was your experience?

I would be interested too, but my guess is guys and gals that buy those don’t shop here often. FJ Company does some amazing work for sure from what I see online. Why don’t you ask them for references? I’m a businessman and I supply references if asked.

Hey Guys, I’m trying to find people that have purchased FJ40’s from Resurrection, Black Dog, the FJ Company or any other shops of that league. What was your experience?

Call them, they will refer you to owners.

I would be interested too, but my guess is guys and gals that buy those don’t shop here often. FJ Company does some amazing work for sure from what I see online. Why don’t you ask them for references? I’m a businessman and I supply references if asked.

I would agree they do not shop here often. But, I have researched this a bunch. First question to ask is how original do you want it? How are you going to drive it. FJCo does some amazing stuff on the engineering side to make a truck drivable. As I searched I realized I wanted it drive it, not just garage it. So 5 spd and a couple other things we’re important. Spend time with your builder, lots of questions both ways, conversation and you can good build that is drivable.

@ddelong6767 does great work as well

Thanks for the referral Bryan. As he has noted - we like to do interesting builds that aren't just restorations. Currently working on two 67 FJ40's - one getting an LS and one getting the Cummins R2.8. Will be helping Bryan with his 2UZ build as soon as we can get the truck out here and then have another Cummins swap coming up - an LJ70 this time. Ping me on PM or through the usual social/email/etc if you'd like to talk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom