Replacing rear crossmember

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace my rear crossmember due to being tweaked from years of rock abuse.
Looking at the BTB Products replacement part, did some searching but couldn’t find any threads, has anyone used this part or done a similar project with a different part?

I've got mine off pretty easily. Best to drill out the rivets and knock the heads mostly off with
a grinding wheel. The welds to the frame are only spot welds and with a little patience
can be cut with a grinding wheel with little to no visible damage. There's an exact
replacement provided by @Awl_TEQ for the bumper.

I haven’t done the entire thing but replaced the diagonal parts on a previous truck. Can’t recall which product I used.

I’d send Kevin @Awl_TEQ a message and see if he has any crossmembers in stock. He makes super nice stuff!

When I replaced mine, I had a steel shop bend the steel to the correct inside dimensions. Had I done it again, I would have went with thicker steel, 1/4" or something...

I need to replace my rear crossmember due to being tweaked from years of rock abuse.
Looking at the BTB Products replacement part, did some searching but couldn’t find any threads, has anyone used this part or done a similar project with a different part?
Do you have a part number for the BTB crossmember? Is it still available? Can’t find it on their website

I used the one from Cruiser Solutions. It's a quality part.

When I replaced mine, I had a steel shop bend the steel to the correct inside dimensions. Had I done it again, I would have went with thicker steel, 1/4" or something...
What dimensions did you use. Did you have specs?

The cruiser solutions is 74 and later. Do you guys know the difference between those and earlier? I have a 70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom