Replacing BJ42 Instrument Cluster (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a Canadian spec. 24v BJ42, do I need a special 24v instrument cluster to replace the one I have? Currently my speedometer and oil pressure aren’t working

There is some info in here on 24 volt. Also it may depend on the year of your cluster.

My Canadian 1978 BJ40 cluster was half 12 volt and half 24 volt. On the back of the cluster there was a break in the PBC broad and they jumped the curcuit with a voltage dropper , I can’t remember which gauges where on the 12 volt side I did use my 24 volt cluster on my 12v cruiser still using the same gauges but just removing the voltage dropper and replacing it with a jumper wire.so the gauges still functioned fine on 12 volt I did bypass the amp guage though The speedo is a cable ,the oil pressure sender could be unplugged or needs replacing the cluster usually is fine. Did you test the gauge in the cluster. Have you checked the speedo cable at the tcase also ?

For the gauges. Look at this link about the 4 post down there is a section dedicated to 24v.

My Canadian 1978 BJ40 cluster was half 12 volt and half 24 volt. On the back of the cluster there was a break in the PBC broad and they jumped the curcuit with a voltage dropper , I can’t remember which gauges where on the 12 volt side I did use my 24 volt cluster on my 12v cruiser still using the same gauges but just removing the voltage dropper and replacing it with a jumper wire.so the gauges still functioned fine on 12 volt I did bypass the amp guage though The speedo is a cable ,the oil pressure sender could be unplugged or needs replacing the cluster usually is fine. Did you test the gauge in the cluster. Have you checked the speedo cable at the tcase also ?
Thank you! Complete newbie to this, I will check the things you mentioned, although the oil gauge appears to be missing the needle so it needs to be replaced, but I could just do the speedo and oil the others are working

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom