Replaced the middle row seats in my LX450 with rear seats from a 2015 Audi Q5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ProjectsNMotion

SILVER Star
Threads
I picked up the seats from a junkyard back in November for $100. I looked into installing them shortly thereafter, but I quickly had to abandon my plan and form a new one. The project sat (heh, get it?) for a few months until I finalized my new plan and put it into motion. You can see the build progress here.

Cheers

IMG_20190203_120713.jpg

Sweet :cool: They look tall, let's see them folded up

ahhh, missed the "load more images" button. The 40/20/40 offers a ton of options. Cool upgrade!

Great read, and looks great!

Thanks!

ahhh, missed the "load more images" button. The 40/20/40 offers a ton of options. Cool upgrade!

Yes, I'm very pleased with the functionality of the Audi seats. It was impossible to install them without essentially destroying the frames of the original middle row seats, but the upholstery was old and tattered, and the padding was in pretty poor shape as well, so I didn't feel bad.

Soon though I need to get the heating and ventilation on the front seats sorted out.

Great work, and thanks for posting. I'm sure it will inspire others to do the same.

You forgot the straps to secure the seats when folded :flush:

Great mod! One question - how much leg room do you actually gain from stock?

You mentioned 4" of adjustment, but I can't tell if they sit any further forward than the stock seats.

You forgot the straps to secure the seats when folded :flush:

Is that correct? My vehicle never had those, I didn't know about that.

Great mod! One question - how much leg room do you actually gain from stock?

You mentioned 4" of adjustment, but I can't tell if they sit any further forward than the stock seats.

Great question, I don't have an answer for you. I didn't take legroom measurements before and after. Plus, I don't have stock front seats anyway. I can assure you that there is plenty of legroom in the middle row now, even with the front seats positioned where they're comfortable for me, and I'm 6'2".

Is that correct? My vehicle never had those, I didn't know about that.

Great question, I don't have an answer for you. I didn't take legroom measurements before and after. Plus, I don't have stock front seats anyway. I can assure you that there is plenty of legroom in the middle row now, even with the front seats positioned where they're comfortable for me, and I'm 6'2".

o_Oo_Oo_O Many people miss them, they are nice because the hold the seats up

Do you have shots to the middle row adjusted all the way forward and all the way backward for leg room? Incredible build.

I still have the remains of the original seats, I'll take a look for them

Do you have shots to the middle row adjusted all the way forward and all the way backward for leg room? Incredible build.

The closest I have is this picture here, where the driver's side is all the way back and the passenger's side is all the way forward

IMG_20190203_121352.jpg

I took some measurements today. I had the front seats adjusted to where they're comfortable for me, and I'm 6'2". When the rear seats are all the way back, from the crease where the seat cushion meets the seat back to the back of the front seat is 25.5", along the plane of the rear seat cushion (angled back slightly). From the front of the rear seat to the back of the front seat is 7.5". When the rear seats are all the way forward, the same numbers drop by 4.5", so 21" and 3", respectively.

I took a look at the old seats and found the straps. Each was hidden in a small pocket of carpet. I'll see about attaching those in the near future. Thanks!

Looks sweet man! Great that doggo approves :lol:

Having put Audi seats in the front of mine, this is tempting!

Great that ih8mud continues to be a reliable source of ideas for my 80 that will bleed me dry and add to my never diminishing list of must have projects!

Thanks ih8mud!:bang:

I picked up the seats from a junkyard back in November for $100. I looked into installing them shortly thereafter, but I quickly had to abandon my plan and form a new one. The project sat (heh, get it?) for a few months until I finalized my new plan and put it into motion. You can see the build progress here.

Cheers

View attachment 1898547
good pun,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom