Rental Trailer? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So far neither Uhaul, Herc or United Rentals has a trailer that will tow an 80 series on 37's. Any recommendation who to reach out to for a trailer rental for larger crawlers?

There should be no problem putting it on a U-Haul trailer. I towed my 80 on 35's across the country a few months ago without issue. A truck with 37's would fit fine - you just need to purchase the extended length straps for oversize tires, which U-Haul themselves sell. At no point did tires size come up during the reservation process (other than that I already knew I would need to get the lengthened wheel straps). The guy at the place I picked the trailer up from had no comment other than that he liked my 80.

Does your rig have lengthened wheelbase or something?

WB 112"
OAL 210"
Track Width 80"

It's my buddies crawler. I'm going to tow my 4runner up but I want to be able to tow his back in case he borks it.

The big concern is the weight limit. I believe the limit of all the trailers from uhaul near me is 5k, and his clocks in at about 7k.

Do you know if you used the standard single axle trailer like the one in this photo:

1689998880534.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom