Removal of HVAC Control Panel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ref: '85 FJ60

A scanner was installed in the ash tray slot. I need to remove that plus see why the fresh/recirculate lever won't move full stroke.

The HVAC controls, ash try and some switches are in a panel in the center of the dash.

Question: Can that panel be pulled without removing the dash cap?

Thanks

Jim

Yes.
There are a few screws that hold the panel in. And a screw or two on the roof of the ash tray. Dash stays.
Apply some light oil to the push-pull control wires that the levers move and work them back & forth. They can get sticky in their housing.

Yes.
There are a few screws that hold the panel in. And a screw or two on the roof of the ash tray. Dash stays.
Apply some light oil to the push-pull control wires that the levers move and work them back & forth. They can get sticky in their housing.

Your knowledge is encyclopedic - many thanks.

I hope it is a sticky control cable but it might be the fresh/recirc door. When you push it towards recirculate it feels like it is compressing a spring. Let go of it and it springs back towards fresh.

could you guys give me a picture of the recirc cable where it hooks to the flap. mine suddenly stopped, like a spring fell off or something else happened.

i can actuate the flap by the arm on housing, but it is tougher than i tough it should be to move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom