Releasing air from air bag suspension (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
is there a way to get the air out of the air suspension without removing or cutting the air lines? Looking to install a spacer but don’t want to mess with the lines and get any leaks.

There is a specialty tool Toyota uses that is pricey and someone on here was able to cut some tube to work like the tool.
I tried to figure it out per the description but couldn’t so I just cut the lines and tossed the bags.

I think he wants to add spacers to the bags, not convert to coils.

You could try to disconnect the lines or maybe set the height to low and turn off the vehicle to have a larger gap when the axle droops as you lift the truck (from the frame). I would check out this thread on Pradopoint that has a how-to for spacer installation.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t turning the suspension off and raising the vehicle give you plenty of room to put a spacer in? I’d sure think so.

I tried turning it off and putting it in low and then turning it off and no dice. There is still minimal air in the bags and they won’t budge. I want to avoid removing the lines but it looks like I may have to. Thanks for the links btw!

I tried turning it off and putting it in low and then turning it off and no dice. There is still minimal air in the bags and they won’t budge. I want to avoid removing the lines but it looks like I may have to. Thanks for the links btw!
The bags don’t just drop out, you have to release the clips on top of them to get them free. And they’re generally a pain in the balls.

Yes, the spacer goes on the bottom and holds them in place and gives it a bit of lift without overextending the bags. I’m keeping stock suspension with lift spacers because there’s only 40k miles on it with a 100k warranty so I wanted to keep the stock ride for a little while at least.

Yes sir, just moved here from Las Vegas, NV. I bought the spacers from a mud member and apparently they were from Australia for a 120 LC Prado. I was looking for spacers for awhile and ended up not being able to find any so when someone offered them up to me to buy, I jumped at the offer. They are hard to find at the moment from what I understand.

I had the spacers made locally from a design I got from a Prado120 site. If someone needs the drawings let me know I should still have them around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom