Relay Click & Engine Shudder (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Arabian Cruiser

Arabian Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads
A little background.

I recently installed a Magnuson Supercharger, Haltech ECU on a 1996 Manual GCC spec fzj80. The only other mod is a Slee CDL switch to engage the CDL on H4.

I'm chasing down a clicking noise on the driver side LHD footwell area that also makes the truck skip a heartbeat/shudder.

Didn't have this noise before installing the new ECU. I have since added all these mods 450cc injectors, Fuel Pump, and regulator as requested by the tuner.

After doing some research on Toyodiy.com to see what is in that area I have narrowed it down to a few culprits that could be related.

could it be the :

1. RELAY, TRANSMISSION CONTROL 89531-60010
  2. RELAY ASSY, CIRCUIT OPENING (FOR EFI) 90987-02004
  3. COMPUTER, ENGINE CONTROL 89661-60340
  4. RELAY ASSY, FUEL PUMP 28380-66010
Has anyone experience a ticking sound and a shudder at the same time and was able to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

Mo

May sounds silly, but check the condition and tightness of your battery connections. As the posts sulfate, they lose continuity and weird things start happening - like chirping and buzzing relays in the driver’s side kick panel. Rule out the easy stuff first.

Thanks will do.

ok so a little update

I traced the ticking relay issue and it turned out it was the 'RELAY ASSY, CIRCUIT OPENING (FOR EFI) 90987-02004' so now I need to find out why that is happening and to rectify it.

it was heating up and when I removed it the car turned off.

I believe you can swap that relay with a couple of others. I think it's the same as one of the nearby relays, plus one in the fuse panel under the hood. That will help rule out if the problem is with the relay itself.

Thanks. The relay in there is a new swapped in one to test.

From reading on mud it could be a number of things which I will eliminate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom