Reinstalling Double Cardon (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RFB

97 FZJ80 LIFTED SC DUAL BATTERIES,37s
Threads
Website
www.youtube.com
Which is more important the "phasing" of the driveshaft yokes? or the "phasing" of the driveshaft flanges? Sorry to ask again, but the FSM isnt showing the DC driveshaft and the mounting bolts for the transfer case are very difficult to get to with the IP skid in place.

The driveshaft yokes. Flanges dont care. On the longer part of a dc shaft, ensure the ears are aligned. Take a pic and post if you have doubts. Or google.

If it's a CV shaft phasing doesn't matter (see signature)

AFAIK all CV driveshafts in 80 series are custom made, so not covered by the FSM. Most Drive Shaft shops I have dealt with make the shaft so it should run In Phase.

Reactions: RFB
It should have been phased and balanced when it was created, run it in the phase it was set up in.

Also, make shure your pinion angle is within 1 degree of the drive shaft angle, I had to rotate my pinion down about 1.5 to get it vibe free. That's with a 4 inch lift.. yours will vary with lift and weight of accessories.

The driveshaft yokes. Flanges dont care. On the longer part of a dc shaft, ensure the ears are aligned. Take a pic and post if you have doubts. Or google.
thanks man I got it, shes good.

It should have been phased and balanced when it was created, run it in the phase it was set up in.
the truck already had SLEE Dc in it, It was cracked I had new one made. And this is where the doubt came in, its back in all set. thanks fellas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom