REI Coupon and 200 Series builds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1world1love

SILVER Star
Threads
We were discussing this in a thread about roof boxes, but I thought it might be interesting to see what other purchases people make using the REI member coupon for their build. These are the exclusions:

Discounts not valid on car racks & accessories, roof boxes, bicycles, bike trainers & simulators, snowshoes, skis, ski boots or ski bindings; snowboards, snowboard boots or snowboard bindings; kayaks, canoes, paddle boards, rafts; strollers, any item with GPS technology, action cameras and accessories, fitness trackers, personal locator beacons, avalanche transceiver and airbag products.

So it leaves out racks and accessories, and unfortunately excludes GPS tech as well.

In the past two years, we have used our coupons for a Dometic CFX3 55IM and a Goal Zero Yeti 500x.

In my mind, the Goal Zero gear becomes a much better option at 20% off and the Dometic Fridges, though still expensive, become a little more competitive. They have other solar panel options as well, but I am unfamiliar with those vendors.

What other "big ticket" build related things may be good to consider?

The HEST Dually mattress looks interesting although crazy expensive:

The only review I could find without looking hard is from Gear Review:

Seems like it would fit on top of a drawer system in a 200. May be an alternative to the Exped.

Also saw this:

Hitch mounted grill. Much larger than a Webster Q.

Camp furniture is always good. This is the only table we carry now. May think about a second one:

Is this a built in discount/sale for members or a coupon I should have gotten in an email? If it was an email I might have deleted it as I ignore most of what comes from REI since most of my purchases from them have dwindled in recent years.

Is this a built in discount/sale for members or a coupon I should have gotten in an email? If it was an email I might have deleted it as I ignore most of what comes from REI since most of my purchases from them have dwindled in recent years.

If you’re a member, you should be able to claim the coupon with your membership number at the register. They keep track that you only use the coupon once this way, and it also lets you claim it without the hard copy.

Yeah, what Markuson said - It is attached to your membership so if you are online and signed in, you have the option to use it with the code. Whether your use it in store or online, you can only use it once per year.

If you’re a member, you should be able to claim the coupon with your membership number at the register. They keep track that you only use the coupon once this way, and it also lets you claim it without the hard copy.

Ok so it's separate of the annual dividends. I think I found the code on their website. I'd stay away from the Dometic fridges they sell since they aren't covered direct, seems to be a lot of issues with warranties on them based on reviews as well.

Ok so it's separate of the annual dividends. I think I found the code on their website. I'd stay away from the Dometic fridges they sell since they aren't covered direct, seems to be a lot of issues with warranties on them based on reviews as well.

Yes. Coupons came in a separate mailer from the dividend mail.

Yeah, separate from dividends.

Not sure what you mean on the warranty. REI has a one year return policy which they definitely honor and the standard (5/3) warranty from Dometic applies as well. REI is an authorized distributor. I was able to register mine with Dometic just fine. I confirmed with Dometic before buying.

Yeah, separate from dividends.

Not sure what you mean on the warranty. REI has a one year return policy which they definitely honor and the standard (5/3) warranty from Dometic applies as well. REI is an authorized distributor. I was able to register mine with Dometic just fine. I confirmed with Dometic before buying.

REI will replace just about anything for free in the first year, even shoes. Dometic won't work on any non-RV/commercial stuff and directs you to whomever you purchased it from. Should you have any issues after the first year you appear to be screwed.

REI will replace just about anything for free in the first year, even shoes. Dometic won't work on any non-RV/commercial stuff and directs you to whomever you purchased it from. Should you have any issues after the first year you appear to be screwed.

I don't know. Dometic has a warranty policy just like any other manufacturer. I called them before I bought our fridge and they said that REI would take it back in the first year and after that, I could drop it off down at Grins RVs in Gilroy and they would fix it for free for the following 2 years. After that, they would fix it, but the warranty would only cover parts. I called Grins and they said they do warranty work on Domestic fridges.

I've only had our 55 for a year and although its been rock solid, I guess if anything goes wrong, we will find out.

I don't know. Dometic has a warranty policy just like any other manufacturer. I called them before I bought our fridge and they said that REI would take it back in the first year and after that, I could drop it off down at Grins RVs in Gilroy and they would fix it for free for the following 2 years. After that, they would fix it, but the warranty would only cover parts. I called Grins and they said they do warranty work on Domestic fridges.

I've only had our 55 for a year and although its been rock solid, I guess if anything goes wrong, we will find out.

I should also add that anytime we buy any big ticket items, we use our Amex card and not to sound like a shill, I have never had Amex refuse to just credit my account anytime I have companies that refuse warranty service. They once immediately gave me a $1500 statement credit because a laptop battery completely dies a week out of warranty. No questions asked.

Yea that's honesty the only reason to have an Amex, completely covered for any reason.

I should also add that anytime we buy any big ticket items, we use our Amex card and not to sound like a shill, I have never had Amex refuse to just credit my account anytime I have companies that refuse warranty service. They once immediately gave me a $1500 statement credit because a laptop battery completely dies a week out of warranty. No questions asked.
Yes. AMEX customer service is unrivaled. Platinum perks are crazy this year too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom