Redirects to malwaresite (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Why does mud have so many ads and redirects? I'm constantly being redirected to sites that announce I need to clean my system and virus has been detected.

This is the only site I have issues with

LONG discussions on this, have been working with the ad setups for months to resolve. It's an issue the effects thousands of sites, not just this one. Will AGAIN let them know that the issue persists.

I wish there was an easy solution, but it comes and goes...targeting specific mobile devices and networks for a short time, then jumping to other options. Have proven impossible to catch and track. I'll go weeks with zero issues, then suddenly on a Sunday afternoon get an hour of irritations....followed by a day or 10 or no issues at all.

FYI, supporting members see ZERO ads on mobile. Maybe I should do that myself ;)

How do you support? I'd be down for that.

I don't have the issue when using the adblock browser.

How do you support? I'd be down for that.

I don't have the issue when using the adblock browser.
Yep, adblock works. Sucks for business, but I get it. Friggin spammers/scammers have much bigger pocketbooks than I do, and better programmers. Irritating.

Supporting member options:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/account/upgrades

Thank you :)

Made another tweak to the mobile setups a few minutes ago. Will monitor to see if it has the desired effect.

I just received this one today at the time indicated in the pic. Have gotten maybe 4 others in the last two weeks. Always when the page is loading, always when on my own WiFi:hmm:. Have not had a silver star for awhile and just upgraded now, so will be interested to see if it continues.

Thanks for all ya do Woody!

Oops...

1C544933-0F87-4793-BE29-CE2002545B15.png

Quick upgrade response btw too... went with PayPal and it’s done.

SS equals zero mobile ads.

Irritating that every time I think I've made the correct tweaks to stop the issue, it returns again.

Working with a 3rd party, will see what then can do.

Got a redirect yesterday and again today. Too bad we can’t just use a precision drone strike as a countermeasure.

E954917E-E184-4709-841D-4C1B1AF17857.png
941B2CA0-7EB9-4AE2-8EA1-A0F59EABE5F8.png

8660B795-EF66-43F8-95DB-C52FC65725A1.png

Are the ads at the top of every page a new deal for SS’s or related to the redirect issue from yesterday?
Thanks Woody:beer:
8DACB9C8-A079-4504-9E4B-7C5B037AFC6A.png

Those are supposed to be filtered from SS members...will look into that shortly

SS mobile filter should be working again...please let me know if it isn't...code appears correct, but my internet is pathetic today and I'm having a tough time getting an admin-test to work correctly.

Been getting redirected for the past week or so on both my iPhone and iPad...fyi.

The rogue ad companies did something around Labor Day weekend, and the past fixes are not working....new controls are being tested now, and hopefully with solve the issue.

Damn things are a fulltime headache...if you think "getting" one is bad, try spending hours upon hours to find solutions....thus far, none have proven 100% effective.

I was getting them on my phone using Chrome as a browser. Started using Duck Duck go, no pop ups.

STILL chasing...seems every solution turns into a new battle.

Dropping/adding back networks this week, hoping "a day" without this irritation nets a result.

Best bet is to get a star :) I have my star... but I also use adblocker AND have a pihole on my home network... now that ISP's are capping data, I decided I was going to stop paying for the data for me to be served ads...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom