Recovery at VotM (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TeCKis300

GOLD Star
Threads
Not my rig, but looks like a 200-series had some excitement last night at Valley of the Moon in San Diego.

Looks like a successful recovery from volunteers. Wondering if there's more to the story?

Pro-tip, many regions have Facebook off-road recovery pages with many local members looking to help out. Always a good idea to join these groups ahead of a trip just in case. My group has benefitted from this as well. Here's the local SoCal chapter - Log into Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/scor.sos/?mibextid=oMANbw

1701018724674.png

As my buddies incident is all good and he's in a brand new rig with everything sorted, I can finally share this video of our own recovery. The most perfect team volunteers showed up on short notice: pro support member for a mint 400 team with a Jeep on a 6" lift and 40s, 2-door jeep on 33s, and a built Land Rover. The recovery was super tricky as there was only one way up and down, and we had flopped the GX near the top in the middle of a super steep and rutted pass. Only way to get around it was to blaze trail around a serious sidehill. Queue Jeeps to do jeep things. No money was exchanged and could not ask for a better outcome.

Was the GX driveable? Looks like a low-speed rollover with superficial body damage and air bag deployment.

That's a brave jeep driver to be dragged down a hill by a truck that no-less weighs more than it does.

Was the GX driveable? Looks like a low-speed rollover with superficial body damage and air bag deployment.

That's a brave jeep driver to be dragged down a hill by a truck that no-less weighs more than it does.

Yes. It was a low speed flop. It was only just totaled due to number of exterior panels, airbags, and pyrotechnic seat belts. She started without oil in the pistons and drove home like a champ. Will go to auction to make a great parts donor or offroad rig.

Agreed, these jeep drivers were fearless and put their rigs at risk for strangers. To be fair, the jeep playing anchor was on the far side at first with another in ground anchor until we established the GX had both brake pressure (thanks to electronic brake booster) and emergency brake facilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom