Reconditioning LX470 wheels, subwoofer repair, Brakes, hatch, dye seats, delete resonator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The original owner of my LX did a resonator delete and also put on a Flowmaster. The thing sounds like a '68 Camaro with a 327. Not my wife's kind of thing, though. It is going back to OEM at some point. Oh, and there will be no improvement in MPG. That's because you'll be revving the heck out of the thing to hear that raspy V8.

Great work on the leather seats. I was going to try Letherique but SEM products look like they are just as good for a fraction of the cost. Thanks for sharing the transformation.

Also do you think worn steering wheel leather could be salvaged using the same process?

Do you have a color match for the upper part of the doors? Interested in learning more about this. Nice!
I don’t but this company will match your color and have good kits to blend. I’ve used before on my Audi A6.

SEATS RESTORE | eBay Stores

Plus SEMS has a color extremely close... your local auto paint/Upholstery supplier should carry it or can order.

Great work on the leather seats. I was going to try Letherique but SEM products look like they are just as good for a fraction of the cost. Thanks for sharing the transformation.

Also do you think worn steering wheel leather could be salvaged using the same process?
I’ve done it to my Mother's Acura TL and it worked fine(just let it DRY and use several coats and use the clear top coat).

Let it DRY 100% (36-48 hrs)and use the clear/satin finish coat.

Also need to upgrade the interior dash/panel/console lights... there’s a few lights missing(I think).

-entire area where the side rear vent window switches are is dark
-center console heated seats only one light works
-ECT TRANNY switch is not lit

I’ll like to get a link to all the dash/console bulbs so I can get the approximate item vs going to dealer and bothering y’all on every other bulb :)

Can I use LEDS for these in the LX?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Headed to Michigan for a few days with the family! They thought I was going to rent a suv/van...! Heck naw!!!
Why would I rent one when we have a reliable luxury 100 in the driveway that’ll hold all 5 of us & our junk. :)

View attachment 1863737
It’s freaking 3AM I’m in Illinois and I see a Dunkin’ Donuts sign for some COFFEE. I’m tired and I have 3 hrs left....

View attachment 1863738

One of my MANY GAS STOPS..! LOL

Whew, man it’s 25 degrees and sleeting vs the 61 degrees it was 8 hours ago in Mississippi!

View attachment 1863736

MADE IT! That’s my sisters 2007 LX in the background that replaced my 02’ LX that I got my from her and the brother-in-law. It was a home coming.. lol they couldn’t believe how I turned it around.

About to say goodbye to Michigan and headed to Chicago in the AM, then on to Mississippi... in the background my brother has the 2018 Infiniti Q80... it’s nice! But I rather pass on that car note :) and we'll stick with the LX470’s with our Toyota quality.

View attachment 1864900

View attachment 1864901

Came off a great family trip (12 hours each direction) without a problem! In a 17 year old vehicle that felt like it’s new

Last edited:
Also need to upgrade the interior dash/panel/console lights... there’s a few lights missing(I think).

-entire area where the side rear vent window switches are is dark
-center console heated seats only one light works
-ECT TRANNY switch is not lit

I’ll like to get a link to all the dash/console bulbs so I can get the approximate item vs going to dealer and bothering y’all on every other bulb :)

Can I use LEDS for these in the LX?

Thanks!!!!!!!!

Those are lil bulbs with housing built on to them. A couple buck through the dealer. It’s for the side vent control and heated seat switch. A few were out on my truck when I bought it also. I can get a part number later.

Last edited:
Those are lil bulbs with housing built on to them. A couple buck through the dealer. It’s for the side vent control and heated seat switch. A few were out on my truck when I bought it also. I can get a part number later.

NAPA had a light bulb for me - the one that shows the gear shift position. We had to peel the little green prophylactic looking cover off the old bulb and put on the new one...

Hopefully the vent panel pops right out. I don’t see a screw or anything. Any special tips because it is 17 year old plastic.......... hate to break it

Thanks it’s pretty clean to be honest... but I need to touch up some rock chips here and there this spring once I get a few extra coins to get it done right and clayed. Got some nice tasteful carbon interior pieces and custom leather/shortened gear shift it an auto box but has the HKS ALC tranny computer that makes it feel so much better and shifts quicker and without stall. It doesn’t matter to me because it’s a GT sports car to me at this point... my lil BMW 318ti MSport below is a 5spd that you toss and fun if the need to bang out(no pun intended) a few. But the Z is more than a great performer. A few tasteful bits to enhance an already great car.

I have a 76’ 260Z that’s a project that I’ve literally haven’t touched in 3 years! It’s was bought, cleaned, parked. She needs love... one day, one day.

Never owned a 911 which is my favorite Porsche along with the 928 GTS! Drove a 944 Turbo S for about a year(GREAT FUN), before my first Z32(no lie the Z is better overall and that’s proven). Brother has a super clean 968 now... modded but stock in appearance... sweet car!

Hey was your 911 very reliable as most Porsche tend to be? Of course still get the extended warranty LOL... I Bet you miss that growl... nothing sounds like a Porsche such a distinctive exhaust note. Love’em.

At brothers with ole navigator is my brothers kid hauler! :) he has a QX80 that’s turning into it now..! told him it was!!!! You can’t let the Mrs haul kids without STUFF left behind! He loves to off-road/hunt in his lifted 2002 Tahoe. Now he’s looking at a 100 since I scooped up sisters LX.

I would love to have any manner of P-car at this point. Unfortunately, time and money are not on my side at the moment. Wife stole the 100... I flog a 5-spd Subaru Outback (non-turbo :cry:) on a daily basis at the moment.

I had a Stillen exhaust on the Z32 and a FD motorsports exhaust on the 993, both sounded amazing!

I'm ready to wake up the Cruiser a bit. I might need to follow in your footsteps.

I would love to have any manner of P-car at this point. Unfortunately, time and money are not on my side at the moment. Wife stole the 100... I flog a 5-spd Subaru Outback (non-turbo :cry:) on a daily basis at the moment.

I had a Stillen exhaust on the Z32 and a FD motorsports exhaust on the 993, both sounded amazing!

I'm ready to wake up the Cruiser a bit. I might need to follow in your footsteps.

There’s nothing that sounds as sweet as a Porsche’s distinct sound! Stillen makes a good exhaust for the Z. Hey get back in the Z game! :)

The Magnaflow stainless sound pretty nice BUT not 993 great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom