rear wing/spoiler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok got another newbe question, I keep seeing all the newer seems like 94 and newer have a rear wing on the back hatch. Is there a reason why one would want this? My 91 does not have it and I would like to know what the reasons are for it. Should I look for one for mine?

It is there to help blow the dust off the rear window.

IME it keeps the hatch window clean(er) and blows rain water off, but the screw holes are rust magnets. I've recently noticed rust peaking out from under the mounting brackets so planning to pull mine off to see how bad it is, FWIW.

Ok so its looks, and keeps the glass blown off. Does it do anything for fuel up or down? My buddy said it could help but I don't think it would make that noticeable difference...

It is also a low hanging branch/ tree magnet when wheeling. My wing reached out and grabbed a big tree branch on my first wheeling trip. Bent the wing back at about a 40' angle and also made a nice little dent in the hatch where the wing mounts to. Next time it will come off before a wheeling trip.

It is also a low hanging branch/ tree magnet when wheeling. My wing reached out and grabbed a big tree branch on my first wheeling trip. Bent the wing back at about a 40' angle and also made a nice little dent in the hatch where the wing mounts to. Next time it will come off before a wheeling trip.

I've done this once in 7 years of extensive wheeling. Those things are more durable than they look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom