Rear Vent Windows- worthwhile? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wouldn't know. SOR used to sell sliding windows.

I've yet to try them in hot weather... But in the wet, they shure help to keep the rear windows clear. I also like the rear heater (can practically cook s'mores on it).

I stand corrected... SOR still sells sliding windows for $410.00.

Last edited:
The sliding windows come standard on the Aussie LX fortys here is a pic of a 1984 I restored last year they fit the same opening as the ones with the vent window without the divider.The LX model came as a 6 seater with 3 in the back and 3 in the front.
So I think they stole the troopy idea for more ventilation.

84lxfj40.jpg

I'm restoring a 79 top and mounting it on my 75. If the roll bar is an issue, I'll remove the roll bar. Not like those factory roll bars and anything but decoration anyway.

I have a 81-82 top on my 74 and those vent windows are a blessing here because it is so humid and rains often and believe me the windows do fog up bad. No problems with the stock roll bar I just shortened the section that blocked the latch. As far as not being any good in a roll over I have seen post where the oem bar was better than nothing and did keep some heads from being flattened. I don't drive my 40 like a Nascar anyway lol. And the dirt is so soft here if it did roll over most likely without a roll bar would cause little damage. But pavement would most definately be a problem.:hillbilly:

Rob
DSC08467.jpg

I'm restoring a 79 top and mounting it on my 75. If the roll bar is an issue, I'll remove the roll bar. Not like those factory roll bars and anything but decoration anyway.

You don't think they'd help out in a rollover?

Rear Kick-Out Window

Was the rear kick-out window stock on all 1978 and newer models or was it just an option? I recently purchased a 1978 but the top does not have the kick-out windows which makes me wonder if the top is from another model year. I've been having trouble installing the side glass and 1/4 window glass and I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

I believe it was standard, not an option. You should post pictures of what your troubles are.

Became standard later in 77.

Your top seems like an older on, and you may need different rubber.

Yep. And the glass being too small... Also seems older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom