Rear Spoiler Removal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't think the year is the determining factor. There are several (okay, three I think) styles of spoiler that were used throughout the years. My 2006 has this one...
IMG_1665.jpg

... this one is also an '06
644198d1147517340-i-have-4million-rs-car-i-can-buy-newcar-landcruiser100-rear_8lu_pakwheels-com-.jpg

That's just one year of the Land Cruiser... the LX470 adds a few more styles

I removed mine on my 98 to work on a leak and decided to keep it off for now. I put screws in the empty holes with rubber washers and black screw-caps, for anyone who might not feel like painting etc. I think it looks fine. Can post photo if anyone wants. Just another way to go. They're an easy pick-up at big box hardware stores:
Z3JC7yfo5oy.JPG

Here's a shot of mine (a 2003) after spoiler removal. No leaks or rust after a couple years. No noticeable impact on how dirty the rear window gets. No change to mileage. No apparent traction/cornering/downforce change. Looks better IMO and allows me to use the space under the rack to store a camp table which would be tricky with the spoiler in place.

wing.jpg

By the way, the spoiler itself is in my garage gathering dust. If anyone wants it, cover shipping and it is all yours!

Can anyone tell me the size of the bolts/screws that hold the bracket to the body. Plan on doing a McMaster Carr order soon, and thought I might pick up some rubber or neoprene washers for these. Thanks in advance.

Can anyone tell me the size of the bolts/screws that hold the bracket to the body. Plan on doing a McMaster Carr order soon, and thought I might pick up some rubber or neoprene washers for these. Thanks in advance.
I am missing my spoiler and have the bolts there, can check tonight when I am home but bet you that they are like M6x1.0 or M8x1.25 (standard sizes for LC/LX)

I am missing my spoiler and have the bolts there, can check tonight when I am home but bet you that they are like M6x1.0 or M8x1.25 (standard sizes for LC/LX)
Greg, if you don’t mind checking, it would be greatly appreciated

Yup I was correct.... M6x1.0 threaded bolt.
Thanks much. Going to get these and the bolts for the roof rack taken care in one go. I appreciate the info

Guys, please tell me why my 10mm bolts are just spinning in place. My spoiler was snapped off and I want to remove the brackets. But the 10mm bolts holding it in wont come out! Any ideas?

Guys, please tell me why my 10mm bolts are just spinning in place. My spoiler was snapped off and I want to remove the brackets. But the 10mm bolts holding it in wont come out! Any ideas?
I have the same problem on two of the four bolts. I’m pretty sure there are some sort of sleeves that the bolts screw into that have come loose on the hatch. The welds holding them in place probably broke loose. No idea how to solve since you can’t access the area inside the hatch. I’ve tried. Hopefully somebody has a solution.

I have the same problem on two of the four bolts. I’m pretty sure there are some sort of sleeves that the bolts screw into that have come loose on the hatch. The welds holding them in place probably broke loose. No idea how to solve since you can’t access the area inside the hatch. I’ve tried. Hopefully somebody has a solution.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom