Rear Rain Gutter Cushions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wes

SILVER Star
Threads
The EPC shows that there are two rain gutter cushions for the rear of the hardtop (part number 63118-90300). I am familiar with the one in the front to protect the hood when it is folded back, but what are the rear ones for? Was this for Cruisers with lift gates? It appears they were original to all markets for various years.

The EPC shows that there are two rain gutter cushions for the rear of the hardtop (part number 63118-90300). I am familiar with the one in the front to protect the hood when it is folded back, but what are the rear ones for? Was this for Cruisers with lift gates? It appears they were original to all markets for various years.

Check here: Part seldom seen

I failed to find that post in my search for info, but am glad you pointed it out for many reasons. However, I have a difficult time believing that it is a mistake as one poster mentioned. The part number is different from the hood cushion, and there are two of them listed as needed in the EPC. Both part numbers are still available by the way.

I have just about convinced myself that these were there for lift gate versions instead of ambulance door versions. Maybe someone with a lift gate Cruiser can check to see if it rests against the gutter when fully open.

I failed to find that post in my search for info, but am glad you pointed it out for many reasons. However, I have a difficult time believing that it is a mistake as one poster mentioned. The part number is different from the hood cushion, and there are two of them listed as needed in the EPC. Both part numbers are still available by the way.

I have just about convinced myself that these were there for lift gate versions instead of ambulance door versions. Maybe someone with a lift gate Cruiser can check to see if it rests against the gutter when fully open.

I have a lift gate and the struts will not allow the rear to go any higher than 90 degrees. Actually, in the full up position, many times I have hit my head on the thing.

I have a lift gate and the struts will not allow the rear to go any higher than 90 degrees. Actually, in the full up position, many times I have hit my head on the thing.

Well that ruined my theory. Maybe they are used when leaning the hardtop against a wall? I guess it doesn't matter. I was just trying to decide if I really needed to put them on in an attempt to make it correct to original (not that mine is anyway).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom