Rear ladders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK,

Just tried going through this thread and my PM and the following is what I've come up with (in order of expressing interest):

60/62:
-Snow Flake
-Rockrawler
-sevvy
-Jan-78FJ40

80:
-Alkaline (OEM)
-whoacres
-cruiser4life (OEM)

Currently, I believe I have only one ladder for the 60/62, like the one beaufort's got (used). So please allow me to contact Snow Flake and see if he's still interested (been a while since we last corresponded). If not, then someone else from the above list (in order of appearance(sp) can take a stab at it (no way obligated to purchase though).

I'll try to obtain another one if I can, most likely a different design than beaufort's and see what kind of interest it might (or might not) generate.

I'll try to get a better handle on the 80 situation, but believe I have two OEM ladders (both used: one with correct brackets to allow it to be installed on the left side/half of the tailgate and the other one for the middle).

I also have a new chrome ladder that I've had pictured earlier in the thread. And of them should serve you well as long as you're not big.

Now only if I can unload the OEM ones I have for the 100/LX470. ;)

It's been a little hectic since returning to Japan, but hopefully things might be getting back to normal soon.

Thanks for your interest and patience!

Mot

Just decided to test one of the products I'm offering. :D

First, I had to remove the OEM rear visor.

Then put up the curved brackets (the right one's top extends a bit further than the one on the left to accommodate(sp) the curviture(sp)/slope of the hatch.

It was kind of a spare of the moment thingy, so please bear(sp) with me that I have not had a chance to clean this up or change the parts that could be changed new to make them look and function better. (I know it's a lame excuse;p ).

PICT0001b.jpg
PICT0004b.jpg
PICT0005b.jpg

The top part just hooks on and so does the bottom (again, never mind the unattended rust:crybaby: ):

You hook them to the bottom of the top hatch and screw the black (or used-to-be black) knobs to tighten them.

PICT0009b.jpg

Screws on the other side of the tailgate which tightens/secures the ladder some more:

PICT0012b.jpg

It's a two-minute job unless you have a VERY stubborn (RUSTED) nuts and bolts.

The ladder is made of aluminum and is a decent size. I weigh about 160 lbs. and I would feel OK about having someone who weighs upto 180, but probably not (much/any) more. I believe the factory recommendation is about 160.

It might hold more, but don't want anybody to break it or get hurt.

Anyway, just wanted to show you how easy it is to mount these OEM or aftermarket ladders.

Mot

I do not have this type, but there's this kind becomes available every so often for the 60/62:

While I think the bottom step which is the same as the mail frame is sturdy enough for almost everyone I don't feel comfortable in recommending big guys stepping on the rest of the steps.

If all you're doing is to step on the bottom part to get a good view of what's on the roof rack or if you're agile enough to climp up onto the rack, then I guess something like this would do the job.

BTW, the ladder in the post #2 is still available for the 80 (new).

used_parts_2000-img600x450-1157971026img_2044.jpg

Last edited:
alkaline747trio said:
How much for the "bling" ladder? Does it come with the mounting hardware, and does it mount offcenter?

You mean the #2?

It comes with similar mounting hardware and it should mount off center.

HTH's

Mot

Mot,
In am interested in a ladder for a FJ80. What do you have available?

Mot,
In am interested in a ladder for a FJ80. What do you have available?

latinoguy,

Thanks for your interest!

I've got three, the ones you see in post #1 (and a few posts above on this page) and #2.

I've had a chance to clean the ones on higher on this page and it came out pretty good. The rust has come out and I have purchased new nuts and bolts. I'm hoping that I might be able to even skip using the black knob so the whole thing would have the cleaner look. I have also purchase new rubber sheet/strip to protect the paint so I can use them on some places that need replacing.

I would feel good about putting any of them on my rig, I guess I already did put one on. :flipoff2: :grinpimp:

Anyway, as I said to alkaline above I'm asking $175 (new) for #2 and #1 (and above) $150 (I have two pairs of those, used), plus shipping.

Let me know if I can help.

Mot :)

I love those but I think I'm a bit too stout (fat). At 250lbs I'd probably rip that sucker right off the back.

Mot,
I am a bit confused about the #1 and @2. I Would prefer the one with the powder coat finisht (if available.) If not, I will take either, new or used, as long as The ladder has to MOUNT on the LEFT side of the tailgate. Please confirm total shipping costs to zip code 91803. I am in LA.
Thank you!

I love those but I think I'm a bit too stout (fat). At 250lbs I'd probably rip that sucker right off the back.
Brett,

You're not fat, you're just overweight.;) j/k

Yeah, I do not feel good in recommending someone your stature to be getting on/off of it safely.:frown:

alkaline/latinoguy,

If I can get it packed in a similar way as I have in the past with a similar ladder, the light-weight OEM ladder should ship for $35, slowboat or $70, express air. I have two and one of them has a set of brackets to mount on the left-side (US/driver's side) of the tailgate. The other one mounts to the center.

The heavier chrome ladder (#2) should cost a little more to ship.

Anyway, let me know if I can lighten your wallet a little.:grinpimp:

Thanks again for your interest!

Mot

BTW, I've cleaned the three used ones some more today and they're looking pretty good. I'll still have to make sure that I can use all of the new/different mounting hardware (nuts/bolts) would work with them before giving the final go though. Thanks for your patience!

Mot,

These ladders should look good if paired with noselda/aiba roof racks. I'm still interested to get an aiba/noselda roof rack along with oem ladder but just don't have the dough at this time. I will let you know the soonest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom