Rear ladders (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just so you wouldn't think I'm full of it :hillbilly: here are some pics of the rear ladder for the 60/62 I am getting ready to make available after putting on the finishing touch:

This is the same model that beaufort got.
The "Enkei" emblem looks a little faded, but I have cut out and put on new rubber protective sheets, etc... to make it a little more paint friendly.

PICT0006b.jpg
PICT0012b.jpg
PICT0014b.jpg

The bottom part had one rubber piece that was not original.

So I hunted my local hardware store and found something that matches the original pretty dang close. I've bought extras in case the other ones wear out.

Actually this one is already boxed up, ready to go, since it was going to snowflake.

PICT0020b.jpg
PICT0021b.jpg

The other one for the 60/62 which still needs the rubber sheets, etc... but has been polished:

The PO told me that it was a snug fit, but it did fit fine (It was made specifically for them afterall).

PICT0002b.jpg
PICT0004b.jpg
PICT0008b.jpg

And these are the work-in-progress brackets that need to be finished for the OEM 80 ladders:(:

I'll post back in three months and report the progress I haven't been making. :D

PICT0010b.jpg
PICT0011b.jpg

one more, after a year or so no problems. I need to put new lift struts in, but they were worn out before i put the ladder on.
IMG_0918.JPG

beaufort,

Thanks for posting the pics!

I thought that you had deleted the pics or somethin'. :D
I'm glad that it's still serving you well!!

THANKS AGAIN!:crybaby:

Mot

After a long delay...

I'm terribly sorry for not doing much with them ladders...

Somebody kept on bugging me about one and finally today I worked up enough courage to do a little work...

This one, for the 80, is going to a Mudder who was persistent about getting one:

PICT0023b.jpg
PICT0024b.jpg
PICT0025b.jpg

More (Last pic shows a couple of scratches):

Why posting these, you ask?
Because the guy agreed to buy it sight unseen.:eek:

Mot;)

[edit] I just remembered that I did e-mail him some pics, like yesterday.:hillbilly:
PICT0026b.jpg
PICT0027b.jpg
PICT0031b.jpg

Last edited:
I tried posting this one for sale a while ago, but had some issues with the brackets.

I've found a solution so if anyone is interested it's up for grabs.:)

PICT0046b.jpg
PICT0047b.jpg
PICT0049b.jpg

Just wanted to show how these two ladders mount at the bottom (Top simply hooks onto the hatchback).

You just get the bottom brackets to hook onto the bottom of the hatch as you screw/wrench the bolts in. These bastids are tighter than OEM so you have to push inward (toward the front of the vehicle) as you wrench them in, but I was able to get them on securely.

With the chrome/stainless one I had to cut the protecting rubber sheet thingy from the side that touches the inside of the tailgate lip in order to give it enough clearance to hook on properly.

I believe these two ladders (powdercoated and chrome) were designed for the tailgate with the JDM rear tire carrier which does not have the "TOYOTA LAND CRUISER" molding on the tailgate (Makes it too thick to for them to be on w/o modification).

The last pic is "before" it was tightened/secured, btw.

Let me know if there are any takers... ;)

PICT0017b.jpg
PICT0020b.jpg
PICT0022b.jpg

Pic 1: Holding and wrenching

Pic 2: Top of the chrome ladder (the other one and pretty much all the ladders, including OEM has the same design) Some are fixed, but these are flexible.

Pic 3: Chrome one's view from the bottom
PICT0033b.jpg
PICT0045b.jpg
PICT0044b.jpg

Pic 1: Before (Notice that the protection rubber goes/curves all the way around.

Pic 2: Ghetto job I did with trimming that part that touches the back of the hatch back.

Pic 3: Result (Can see it after getting tightened better above in the last pic of the above post)

Sorry I've been in a hurry posting these pics, etc...
Let me know if I can answer any questions.
PICT0036b.jpg
PICT0038b.jpg
PICT0041b.jpg

I have the OEM ones, too, but I need to get a grip on how many I have that I feel good about offering.

Also, just a teaser of what else is available...

Again, this one looks like it was designed for the rig w/o the molding... I'll need to figure something out for this one. :crybaby:

As always, thanks for looking!
I really appreciate it!!

PICT0002b.jpg
PICT0004b.jpg

What do the "OEM" ones look like Mot? ....or are the ones you're posting OEM? (for the 80)

hi mot,

could you still get this ladders for the 80?

sent you a . . .

thanks,

sam

Sam,

Yes I still have a couple left and probably will get even more in the future.:hillbilly:

Look for a PM (back).

THANKS!

Mot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom