Rear heater fan turning slowly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
the rear heater on my 93 is heating but not blowing air. With the seat removed you can see the fan turning slowly. What would be causing this? Trying to get the whole unit out now. Any advice about how to do that?

Removing the seat is the hard part. You are almost there.

I have a 1993 unit that worked well when I removed it if you need one.

Do you really need it? Deleting it is simple and lends to reliability with concern to possible water leaks, unless you rejuvenate the integrity of its plumbing system to like new condition, and is the cheapest solution to your present and future rear heater issues.

I definitely need the back unit. take the fan off and connected it to the battery and it turns but needs a push start and turns slowly. How much do you want for yours?

The lower bearing may be dirty. I wouldn't be surprised if you said you found about five yards of hair wrapped around it, or (as my son found in his) a fully melted Jolly Rancher.

my LX450 rear heater have 2 way switch LOW and HI , on LOW it is slow , anyway just connect direct 12v to the fan and see if the problem with a fan or else (resistor, relay)

my LX450 rear heater have 2 way switch LOW and HI , on LOW it is slow , anyway just connect direct 12v to the fan and see if the problem with a fan or else (resistor, relay)
when it's connected directly to 12 volt it turns slowly. And that's only after giving it a shove to jump start it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom