Rear Defrost Relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So its getting pretty cold here in Colorado, this morning i pressed the rear defrost button on my 94 TLC. The light came on but the rear window did not defrost. Is it possible that the relay is bad and if it is, would the defrost light come on on the dash? Or could there be another issue?

Thanks

Sent from my MB886 using IH8MUD

So its getting pretty cold here in Colorado, this morning i pressed the rear defrost button on my 94 TLC. The light came on but the rear window did not defrost. Is it possible that the relay is bad and if it is, would the defrost light come on on the dash? Or could there be another issue?

Thanks

Im also wondering...Im plagued by this as well

There is a relay inside the kick panel, open your drivers door, pull up the plastic trim, go carefully as not to rip things apart.
Just fixed the same problem, mine fell out!

Will the rear defrost light come on even if the relay is bad?

Thanks much for the help

You should hear the relay click when you activate the defrost switch.
Once you are sure that the fuse and relay work...test for continuity of your rear window grid.
After that you decide if it works(clears the frost) or if the grid requires repair.

Use search, a strip of tin foil will help for the grid test. By running the foil along the grid you will be able to trace weak spots for repair.

There is a mention somewhere about full kits

mines doing the same thing !

Which relay is for the rear defogger?

ForumRunner_20121116_153042.jpg

ForumRunner_20121116_153056.jpg

ForumRunner_20121116_153042.jpg
ForumRunner_20121116_153056.jpg

On the 93-94 FZJ, they are located inside the driver side kick panel.

Bringing back an old thread - Do you think the relay location would be the same on a 97?

I'm wondering the same thing. i read 12v across the rear window leads though...

Ok I have a 97 TLC and it has like 5 of similar looking relays which one is the rear window defroster

Question: If you have power at the back window but the rear defroster doesn't work at all, does this mean that all the "lines" across the window are bad?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom