Rear bumper poll (1 Viewer)

DVS or Dissent

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes I know I had issues with dvs. But they're about the only bumper out there I like besides dissent

Slee's is nice but very expensive.
Avid doesn't have one on their site anymore. And the rest won't really match my bumper.

Both bumpers are optioned the same.

Simple bumper with 1 swing out for a spare tire. I want the bumper for protection and figured I'd move my spare from inside the cab.

Screenshot_20230606_003552_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230606_003334_Chrome.jpg

This is a tough call...I'm going to lean slightly towards DVS on this one, but I would be very happy with either option. DVS get's the nod for price to start. Plus, I recently installed their front radius arms, rear panhard relocation bracket, & 1" spring perches up front to help level out...I've been very impressed with quality and function of everything plus all of my items were shipped out within 24 hours or less of ordering and to me in less than a week on the east coast. That said, I have no idea what the wait might be for the bumper. Negative on the DVS is the slight obstruction of the driver's side turn signal, but that could also be tire size and photo angle.

On the Dissent, it looks like a great option too, and no real negatives that I could call out. I just do not have any personal experience with them or know anyone that has. Full disclosure is that I have not seen either one in person to compare latching mechanisms, powder quality, or mounting (can't really see the DVS mounting to the chassis in the pics on their site).

I have the old school Kaymar on mine that the PO had installed years ago with right side tire swing out and 1 jerry can holder on the driver's side. Honestly, I'd like to get my tire off of the back and into the cab with a BellFab interior tire carrier, but as soon as I do that, I'd probably flip flop back! Underside is not an option for me (nor would I want it), my PO also installed a LRA aux tank which I love having.

Good luck with this tough choice...I'm sure either will look killer and function to match. :beer:

This is a tough call...I'm going to lean slightly towards DVS on this one, but I would be very happy with either option. DVS get's the nod for price to start. Plus, I recently installed their front radius arms, rear panhard relocation bracket, & 1" spring perches up front to help level out...I've been very impressed with quality and function of everything plus all of my items were shipped out within 24 hours or less of ordering and to me in less than a week on the east coast. That said, I have no idea what the wait might be for the bumper. Negative on the DVS is the slight obstruction of the driver's side turn signal, but that could also be tire size and photo angle.

On the Dissent, it looks like a great option too, and no real negatives that I could call out. I just do not have any personal experience with them or know anyone that has. Full disclosure is that I have not seen either one in person to compare latching mechanisms, powder quality, or mounting (can't really see the DVS mounting to the chassis in the pics on their site).

I have the old school Kaymar on mine that the PO had installed years ago with right side tire swing out and 1 jerry can holder on the driver's side. Honestly, I'd like to get my tire off of the back and into the cab with a BellFab interior tire carrier, but as soon as I do that, I'd probably flip flop back! Underside is not an option for me (nor would I want it), my PO also installed a LRA aux tank which I love having.

Good luck with this tough choice...I'm sure either will look killer and function to match. :beer:

I want the tire outside because I occasionally sleep in there. I have 2 totes of recovery gear and tools and a speaker box in back already.

I'd actually have the tire on the right side because that's my driver's side and I'd prefer the tire behind me.

If I didn't have the OEM tire swing out, Dissent would get my vote. I'll be ordering their front bumper at some point.

I personally would not opt for powder coat and paint everything myself, with something like Steel-It, for future touch up ease.

Bump it Offroad makes two rear options as well

Labs all day, every day.

My first choice, but not on the list.

It isn't bad looking but I have a dvs front bumper. The 4x4labs and the dvs have nothing in common style wise. So it's not on my list.
Bump it Offroad makes two rear options as well
Like the labs bumper it's tube and plate and doesn't fit the rest of the rig.

I hadn't seen it. I'll look into it. Pricing is similar

I hadn't seen it. I'll look into it. Pricing is similar

Higgys is Scott Higgins in Mesa, who used to sell the Avid bumpers. Although I think the Higgys bumpers are a new design.

Higgys is Scott Higgins in Mesa, who used to sell the Avid bumpers. Although I think the Higgys bumpers are a new design.

I found a thread where he was initially selling them. I need to dig up some reviews

Dual swingouts on a 4x4 Labs bumper. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It's brutally simple like the 80.

1686149842919.png

Dual swingouts on a 4x4 Labs bumper. Wouldn't hesitate to do it again. It's brutally simple like the 80.

View attachment 3342953

Like I've said previously the bumper is fine. But the styling is just to different from my front bumper to make it work. I have no need for a second swing out. My fuel rang is is easily 300+ miles even when off road.

Like I've said previously the bumper is fine. But the styling is just to different from my front bumper to make it work. I have no need for a second swing out. My fuel rang is is easily 300+ miles even when off road.
Ah! I missed the part where you had the DVS front bumper. If that's the case DVS for the rear as well to match.

Dissent is pretty new and just got into the 80. While I like the design it's not exactly been field tested by a significant user base. When built the same both Slee and Dissent are priced about the same. I opted for Slee since they were semi-local, slightly cheaper than dissent, and I didnt need to cut the frame out.

Dissent is pretty new and just got into the 80. While I like the design it's not exactly been field tested by a significant user base. When built the same both Slee and Dissent are priced about the same. I opted for Slee since they were semi-local, slightly cheaper than dissent, and I didnt need to cut the frame out.

The slee bumper is over 4k. And i optioned the dissent and dvs as I need them. So anything beyond that is fluff. The dissent is the same design as the 200 and 100 so I trust the design.

The slee bumper is over 4k. And i optioned the dissent and dvs as I need them. So anything beyond that is fluff. The dissent is the same design as the 200 and 100 so I trust the design.

Ya I guess $4500 after taxes and freight vs $4000 seems moot to me. However the 200 is a completely different material and design (3-piece) and all are quite new, probably just a typo. Good luck with the decision.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom