Real time STARTER help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Also, no one has posed this question yet, but I’m assuming you could substitute a Noco jump pack for the battery here, eliminating the need for jumper cables and a 3rd set of hands? Simply connect the jump pack to the screwdriver?

Also, no one has posed this question yet, but I’m assuming you could substitute a Noco jump pack for the battery here, eliminating the need for jumper cables and a 3rd set of hands? Simply connect the jump pack to the screwdriver?

Wouldn't you then have to find a good ground near the device? It would have to ground the body and engine (I think).

this looks like it could work well i think. Anything that long on amazon was $30 range. I think next time im at Harbor Freight (too bad i was just there this morning), i'll pick this set plus some chap 10G jumper cables

12' should be long enough?

I don't see the need for using an actual screwdriver. A piece of 1/4" steel rod with some electrical tape wrapped around it should work just as well. Cheaper, easier to stash.

I don't see the need for using an actual screwdriver. A piece of 1/4" steel rod with some electrical tape wrapped around it should work just as well. Cheaper, easier to stash.
Never thought of that, good point. Well, i swung by harbor Freight today and got my $5.99 2 pack. Giving the extra to a buddy tomorrow

both fobs

Any chance the previous owner stashed a fob in the dash to enable remote start and maybe that fob has a dying batt? Just trying to think of other potential solutions before replacing parts.

I’d say that’s unlikely. Previous owner was the college age daughter of a local dentist. And I’ve had the truck 5+ years now. Plus it has factory remote start.

i don’t mean to hijack the thread, just have had 0 luck searching for fixes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom