Read a Book, Read a Book, Read a #$%@*&$#*@& Book! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

20170626_211236.jpg

Some might see this as related to this thread and of passing interest ...
Having a handy means to store our books and access them for re-reading was the stated purpose behind my wife getting this built-in and finished. Currently, it is stocked with more nick-nacks than books but I have received promises that more books will be transferred from the five books cases that we have over stuffed along the upstairs landing.

I am assuming that we will continue with our old ways of buying and reading bound books rather than e-books, because we did make somewhat of a commitment to storing more yet.

Absolutely fascinating book.

View attachment 1495148

That whole story fascinates me for some reasom. I have this one next on the list.

Related: When i was at ole miss, one of the fraternity groups threw a party called the "Jim Jones Jungle Juice Jamboree"

Slightly off color. Im sure its been phased out for lots of good reasons. Different era.

That was us...Phi Kappa Tau. Great party...and yes a bit off color. The name went away some time after I graduated in 2003. I'm guessing most students there now have no idea who Jim Jones was.

On top of the night stand now...

IMG_2987.JPG

Absolutely fascinating book.

I was born within a couple weeks of the packets released by the Concerned Relatives, and grew up in the bay area. Leo Ryan represented across the bay from where I grew up when he was in Congress, but was mayor to a town twelve miles north of me. Jackie Speier continues to haunt the part of the bay I used to call home.

You didn't grow up where I did when I did and not know about this, it sent ripples that lasted a long time. Amazon list updated, thanks for the recommendation. Been meaning to read up on this.

Real good.
I want to do Rubithon even more now

You come to Rubicon, I'll take to to where the camp was (there were two, the famous one is the eastern one). it's somewhere between an hour and a half to six hours from the east trail head, depending how many beers you have in Truckee at the pizza place before getting on the interstate to head west home.

This is another one of those pieces of history that growing up where I did, and living in gold country now, you really can't help but have some interest in. One of the original Donner family members to survive the winter is buried two miles west of Stayner Acres. If you have the chance to have coffee with Emily, she spent a lot of time studying this and knows this history well.

IMG_1220.JPG
IMG_1221.JPG

That's wrong on so many levels.

Flawed in what manner?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom