Read a Book, Read a Book, Read a #$%@*&$#*@& Book! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wct49

POWERED BY AMEX
GOLD Star
Threads
What are you reading now?

Amazon.com: Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History (9781416591061): S. C. Gwynne: Books
photo-5.jpg

Envious of your spot for reading! I'm reading "the strongest tribe" by Bing West. Commentary on Iraq. He also wrote "The Village" about counterinsurgency in Vietnam

That is a good one. "Master's of Chaos" is a good one if the spec ops world intrigues you

Monday reading
image-2686305791.jpg

World War Z is a cool book.

I need to pick up some books that were recommended by the Liberal Arts nerds on Saturday :)

I'm wearing out the classics since they are free on e-readers... Half way through Moby Dick right now, have some Dickens on deck.

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

:D

How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie

:D

I read that one every couple of years...for some reason I find it incredibly difficult to incorporate those lessons.

Reading The Warrior Elite: The Forging of SEAL Class 228 by Dick Couch now. Got on a SEAL kick a couple of years ago and can't break away...each book seems to lead to 2 - 3 others.

Best Seal book is the original Rogue Warrior by Dick Marcinko :D

Lone Survivor is good too.

If you want a KICK ASS military book rear Marine Sniper. Carlos Hathcock's book from Vietnam.

I read that one every couple of years...for some reason I find it incredibly difficult to incorporate those lessons.

Reading The Warrior Elite: The Forging of SEAL Class 228 by Dick Couch now. Got on a SEAL kick a couple of years ago and can't break away...each book seems to lead to 2 - 3 others.

Its amazing how much is written and how little we REALLY know

Its excellent. Strongest tribe is the same but pulls back and explores the geo-political climate and influence on Iraq.

Best Seal book is the original Rogue Warrior by Dick Marcinko :D

Lone Survivor is good too.

If you want a KICK ASS military book rear Marine Sniper. Carlos Hathcock's book from Vietnam.

Yea, I've got Rogue Warrior too...

Lone Survivor was actually the book that started this journey. It's a good book, but Gary Williams' Seal of Honor (the posthumous biography of Michael Murphy - Marcus Luttrell's SEAL team leader on that mission who gave his life to call in the extraction team) is a much better examination of the character of these warriors.

I haven't read Hathcock's book, but I've seen every documentary I could find on him. He's an interesting fella for sure...even the elite SEAL snipers vie for a spot in the Carlos Hathcock Marine Sniper School.

I'm a slow reader, normally have a couple of bookmarks in use at a time.

Love in the Ruins - Walker Percy
Tempted and Tried - Russel D. More
Overlanders Handbook - Chris Scott (just flipping through it mostly

Que:
Rising Tide

I was reading the last part of that book when the Tsunami hit northern Japan.

I had little sympathy.

x2. It's hard to wrap your mind around that level of brutality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom