Read a Book, Read a Book, Read a #$%@*&$#*@& Book! (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DREAM LAND

Tells all about America's opiate epidemic, whether heroin or OxyContin, and how it's all connected. I couldn't put it down.

Covers the whole range from Big Pharma, pain clinics, to a nonviolent black tar heroin distribution network serviced entirely top to bottom by illegals from a small town in Mexico that have better service than Dominos.

HIGHLY recommend.

IMG_0039.JPG

IMG_0040.JPG

Not a big book reader but want to read this! Thanks Cam!

IMG_0080.JPG
Another book that will make you realize how soft we all are , I don't care how tough you think you are, or what a bad ass adventurer you think you are . Imagine having your ship crushed in the Antarctic ice in 1915 ..... like, oh s*** ... now what ??

View attachment 1390679 Another book that will make you realize how soft we all are , I don't care how tough you think you are, or what a bad ass adventurer you think you are . Imagine having your ship crushed in the Antarctic ice in 1915 ..... like, oh s*** ... now what ??
that is good stuff right there. really enjoyed it.

The inner history nerd in me re read the seven pillars of wisdom again over the course of the past few months. It is a slow read but Lawrence of Arabia is the ultimate gentleman explorer

chris that's a good read !! Reminds me of one I read a few years ago ... super cool adventure made into a way cool movie with footage shot as they run the Ganges in jet boats then hike to its source it's amazing what they took those boats through. Hillary was a true bad ass
51j5zljLGjL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Last edited:
Took a stroll through Barnes & Nobles today. Almost grabbed these, but ended up with an Atlas instead.

IMG_0485.JPG

IMG_0487.JPG

"Useless as tits on a boar hog" came to mind...

Jack Hinson's One Man War: A Civil War Sniper by Tom C. McKenney

This book came out several years ago and I was surprised that I never heard about it till last fall. I got the book then and it had been sitting on my Books to Read shelf waiting its turn. Well, it is a great one, about a man who exacted vengeance against the Yankees for acts of atrocity commited against his family.

The story takes place in what is now the Land between the Lakes area in the context of the Yankee occupation of that region after the Confederate surrender at Fort Donelson and some of the subsequent fighting in the region. A great, very interesting story of what one committed man with a rifle could accomplish. The rifle in question is now owned by a judge in Murfreesboro and is occasionally put on public display.

Dover, TN and the Land Between the Lakes is not that far from here. I think I'm going to ride up there and poke around a little one of these weekends.

Anyway, if you're looking for your next good book this one is well worth it!

Jack Hinson's One Man War: A Civil War Sniper by Tom C. McKenney

Anyway, if you're looking for your next good book this one is well worth it!
. Thanks for this, I always check here if I am needing a new book, just bought it and am anxious to read it

IMG_2264.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom