Re Pop Fenders for FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TexYoung

SILVER Star
Threads
I have 73 FJ40 needing fenders. Who on here has used the re-pop fenders that Cool Cruisers and Cruiser Corps sells? Issues, problems installing? Quality of metal used? What's the good and bad?

I've used the fenders from Cool Cruisers. Decent fit, and the quality was alright. I would use them again.

Thin metal compared to stock.
Fitting required, adjusting holes, etc.
Flying rock dents, picked up by tires noted. If you use, put heavy coat of monstaliner on inside.

Thin metal compared to stock.
Fitting required, adjusting holes, etc.
Flying rock dents, picked up by tires noted. If you use, put heavy coat of monstaliner on inside.
Thanks for the response. Actually am going to paint entire truck with a product similar to monstaliner. I will put an extra coat on this inside of the fenders.

The real question is if you had a set of NOS fenders would you use them???
Yes I would rather use NOS. Finding a good set of used Original fenders has been very difficult and they want as much for beat up fenders requiring work to clean up and straighten as the re-pops cost that are mostly ready to bolt on and paint.

The real question is if you had a set of NOS fenders would you use them???

Heck yea!! That's why I bought a pair.

20170402_130300_1493732623395_resized.jpg
20170402_130351_1493732620268_resized.jpg

I got them from Patrick in Germany, he goes by dieselbj42. They weren't cheap. I figured, it would be my last chance to get a pair. IDK, if he has anymore left.

I got them from Patrick in Germany, he goes by dieselbj42. They weren't cheap. I figured, it would be my last chance to get a pair. IDK, if he has anymore left.
Ya, another member referred me to Patrick. He has one passenger right now and may get more. He wants $960 a pair. Goes way beyond my budget. Looks like re-pop it is. Thanks!

Ya, another member referred me to Patrick. He has one passenger right now and may get more. He wants $960 a pair. Goes way beyond my budget. Looks like re-pop it is. Thanks!

They are actually more than that, Patrick wants euro's only, and paypal makes up their own exchange rate.

I have an old pair of aftermarkets from years ago, when fitment was really bad. They are thin and light compared to Toyota's. I didn't want to waste my time altering the aftermarkets to get them to fit. The Toyota's just bolt on and fit. I hear the new aftermarkets fit better, but I have no idea if that's true or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom