RE: Advice from FJ25 'ers' for my 1964 FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks to @Economist LC76 for the Softtop Window Logo. I'll get this etched to the clear vinyl Windows in the Softtop reproduction. Much appreciated ! 👏

Copy of Logo high quality.jpg

Fair bit of work done recently.
Can anyone spare the following?:
Door and Pillar Striker Plates
Rubber Bumper for Spare Wheel Carrier
Hinge for Spare Wheel Carrier
Long type side Steps
Reflector for Spare Wheel Carrier

Last edited:
^ and where mounted?

Is that door alignment issues or cab issues with your passenger door fitment?

Thanks @locklaw. I asked because my ‘63 FJ45 which is LHD has holes for something on the spare tire carrier (Pic attached).
IMG_3672.JPG

Actually I’m not sure of the date for this carrier as I got it from @pardion but it’s an early 40 series one but not as early as the 25 series ones. Those holes in it are spaced more narrow than the holes for the Koito reflectors I picked up from @red66toy (the one mounted on the left side of pic) so I wonder if they’re actually for the studded reflectors? But yours don’t look studded @locklaw?

I saw these Koito studded red ones for sale recently, only one in a long time. SOLD - New Red Koito Reflectors - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/new-red-koito-reflectors.1282904/
Maybe Chase @red66toy can ‘chase‘ some studded ones down for us 😉 😉 !

Awesome @andybudge ! That clearly shows that your holes are wider than mine, and I bet they’re for the Koitos with the holes (about 4” spacing) versus the studded ones (maybe 2” or so spacing). Chase @red66toy has some of the ones with holes.

Thread hijack over. Great stuff in your build, goes without saying 😊.

Awesome @andybudge ! That clearly shows that your holes are wider than mine, and I bet they’re for the Koitos with the holes (about 4” spacing) versus the studded ones (maybe 2” or so spacing). Chase @red66toy has some of the ones with holes.

Thread hijack over. Great stuff in your build, goes without saying 😊.
Confirmation from mine -

IMG-20220521-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20220521-WA0006.jpg

....and a Dunlop Universal! No less👏
Yeah, I have a new STA one from the states but this one is too cool to take off of my patina'd 64.

One the aspect of what you are needing -

The hinge for the carrier you'll probably have to fix, the US stuff is wrong way around for us RHD folk,

The striker with rubber you can still buy from Toyota, will look for the part number,

The long step there is one advertised in the classifieds and there are also some on eBay,

Reflectors are quite cheap and correct from this guy in the Middle East - NOS OEM Koito Toyota Land Cruiser FJ25 & early FJ40 Series Tub Reflector | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/154521504190?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=A8TQE76KTiW&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=WVDVJxb7T_a&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

The rear carrier bumper I could not find NOS yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom