Raptor Lining pros and cons (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JDNs78FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
Hey guys, so they are spraying everything this week and should be done by Saturday. They asked if I wanted Raptor lining anywhere on the tub. I was thinking the underside of the fenders and the underside of the tub and possibly the floor of the tub. Pros and cons to this or is it just personal preference?

Opinion Alert!

Don't do it! Just my 2 cents.

I say don't do it as well, but I have seen a lot do it with good results for noise/heat suppression.

For re-sale it can hurt without knowing what's under it. I know when i'm looking to buy i'd be cautions.

Any cracks or voids that get water into them from any side will cause very hard-to-fix rust. I would avoid it. Are you doing it for noise reduction?

Any cracks or voids that get water into them from any side will cause very hard-to-fix rust. I would avoid it. Are you doing it for noise reduction?
Noise reduction mainly. I had the rear bed replaced and the front Driver/passenger floor board section as well. But under the drivers seat there are some blemishes I want to cover. The rust is gone but the pitting will stand out.

I would stick with paint (a heavy coat of a rust-stopping primer) and maybe a black topcoat, and leave it at that. If they spray lining up around the front fender brace where it meets the fender lip, that will only trap more dirt and water. These vehicles have terrible rust engineering, and in some cases, liner just makes it worse.

I would stick with paint as well. Heard too many issues with liner in the tubs of these 40s with moisture getting in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom