Radiator Replacement (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have all the service records for my GX which I purchased in AUG2016. Prior to my purchase, radiator was replaced by Lexus in JUN2015. And I now have very tiny leak with signs of "pink crusty" on the bottom driver side of the radiator. Do you think I'd have any chance with Lexus replacing this for free even if the service was preformed when the original owner still had the vehicle? I'm certainly going to call them and ask...just wanted to know if anyone has had a similar situation.

So since this bumped back to the top I will follow up with some info. I went with the Denso.. install/removal was pretty straight forward, but made much easier once I ran out and bought the pipe clamp tool from Autozone... the thing that lets you squeeze things from 4' away. Was almost impossible without that, worth $40. I also did top off the ATF lines, maybe 1 oz. total each... yeah whatever.

I got tired and never found the block drains, so wound up doing 4 rounds of radiator flushing.. fill it up, drive around the neighborhood, drain, repeat. By #3 I couldn't see a difference between what was coming out and what was going in. It was enough to convince me that everything in the system was "mostly new" and I was free of any air bubbles.

We've put at least 6,000 miles on the truck since, no issues at all, coolant is still in the overflow. I also hit a deer in December, which shattered the headlight and bumper, and no damage to the radiator... that was 100 miles into a 1900 mile road trip. So I would use Denso again, and I'd totally do this job myself again. hth!

This is what the radiator looks like when removing with the transmission lines and lower hose attached to the radiator still. Was pretty easy to do.

MVIMG_20180617_115657.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom