Radiator Replacement/Repair (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I currently have a leaking radiator in my '88 FJ62. What replacement options do I have? It's been painful to find something that isn't done custom, or doesn't cost $400 or more. I was hoping that I could find something that will increase cooling (I live in the desert southwest), but doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

CSF2708 can be used for a 62, Amazon just under $300 unless its gone up. It has the hookup for the cooler or whatever that additional hose is 62's have that a 60 does not have.

The only one I'm showing on there is a Mishimoto for almost $400 ($397), thanks for the reminder that Amazon sometimes has parts for us. Completely forgot about them.

Prices have gone up dramatically on the CSF 2708. I remember getting mine for $300-ish. Not anymore though.

I currently have a leaking radiator in my '88 FJ62. What replacement options do I have? It's been painful to find something that isn't done custom, or doesn't cost $400 or more. I was hoping that I could find something that will increase cooling (I live in the desert southwest), but doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

I have a radiator listed in the classifieds. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks for the info everyone. If I'm going to go with stock, I can probably get mine repaired and save a bunch of $$, but if I get a new one, would the CSF be best, or would a performance aluminum cooling unit be better? Found a couple right around $400.

Thanks everyone. I picked a radiator up, and decided that I'm also going to get the stock one repaired so I have a spare. I really appreciate it.

Which is the correct replacement radiator for the 1988 FJ62 - the CSF 2708 or CSF 2709? Doing some research and it looks like there is a difference between the 1988 and 1989 replacements. Is that true? Thanks in advance.

2708 is correct for the 60/62. The 2709 is for the 3fe 80 series.

I just picked up an OEM radiator for my 40 from Village Toyota. Right at $300 shipped to my door.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom