Radiator for 88 4Runner 4cl, mt, ac (1 Viewer)

stevezero

SILVER Star
Ive got a small leak in the top of the tank on my 1988 4r, and need to start sourcing a radiator. I'm open to aftermarket as well as factory. Any recommendations out there?

Its an 88 with the 22re, ac, and manual tranny.

Thanks,
Steve

PhrogsPhorever

Men build things, then we die..
GOLD Star
Can't go wrong with factory:meh: But if you want to save a little coin, see if you can just jet it repaired. As far as aftermarkets, lost of choices out there, LCE Engneering use to carry a decent radiator for the 22RE.

GRM

Finding new adventures in old jalopies.
I've always had great luck with CSF radiators. Currently have a 3-core CSF in my '86. Been running them sine '04.

pappy

photosynthesizing
I recently installed a new radiator in my 4Runner. I remember the shop gave me a few options. Aluminum with plastic tanks vs. all brass was one of them. I wanted all brass, they also suggested brass. Because I off road and twist the truck up they felt I would destroy an AL/Plastic radiator.

Unfortunately, I can't find the number for what they installed. It had the thickness of a 3-row (almost 2 inches), but was only a 2-row core. The cores were really big and from what I could tell it would really flow. The only number I could find was 2320, which was a 3-row core. Since I live, and play, in the desert cooling is very important. Historically I ran a Modine 2041, but I haven't seen one sold lately anyplace.

EDIT: I found this old post I made.
Historically I've run a Modine 2041, or equivalent, 3-row core radiator. The last time I went to the radiator shop the 2041 equal was stupid money. They sold me a 2-row core radiator that was almost as thick as the 2041. The only difference was the 2-rows were in the same space as the 3-rows. The part number might have been 147CBR, $260.

stevezero

SILVER Star
Gonna go with a csf 2314 3 row brass. $184.00 shipped from discountautoradiator.com

stevezero

SILVER Star
I ordered it on Wed. It was made by csf on Thursday, and sent out on Friday. I should have it early next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom