r2.8 cummins (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I watch a lot of Dirt Everyday and the Ultimate Adventure.

Fred Williams put one in a TJ jeep. It is a badass motor. He used barely any fuel and stayed cool while all the LS motors were starting to heat up.

I just don't know about putting it in 5000# pig.

That's what I was thinking too. Proffits Cruisers is doing a blog with Cummins and they have it in a Fj80 with four people and they are giving it some good reviews. On their You Tube chanel they promise a comparison between the standard fj80 and the 2.8 fj80.
I guess that the fj80 is 500bs heavier then a fj55. The 2f motor is 250lbs heavier than the 2.8. Claiming, I think it was, 21mpg.

It would be sick to be at the stop light and to have people look over and give that "gross polluter" look and to know it got that kind of gas milage.

To be TRUTHFULL I have never gotten ANY thing but "Boy! That is a sick rig!" looks!!! And I live in California!

Fred has his moments for sure!

My thought is a bit too little for a pig, but maybe I’m just spoiled, I daily a duramax company truck.

Newest release - 15% off and free delivery through April.
Still waiting to see that review of the two 80s!

I am sticking with my 2F for as long as it suits my uses for this truck, but if I were looking for a replacement, I'd probably look at this before an LS swap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom