quick ignition question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

timmbuck2

SILVER Star
Threads
So I picked up the piggie in Ft. Collins last week, the white one that belonged to TJ's old neighbor. Crusty, but runs and drives nicely,and the interior is very nice. I promise to start a build thread soon! Anyway. The battery was dead, so a few days ago I jumped it, and let it run to try and charge the battery. No problems at all. Fast forward to today, bought a new battery and tried to start it. It starts right up, but dies right away. Giving it gas does not seem to do anything. Seemed at first like a clogged fuel filter. I may have run the tank empty when I was running it last week to charge the battery, so I put in 5 gallons of fresh fuel. But I discovered that if I held the key in the start position, it runs and giving it gas actually makes it rev, but as soon as I let go of the key, it dies and giving it gas does nothing again. So I don't think it is a fuel filter if I can run it with the key in 'start'...maybe I bumped a wire when changing the battery?? Any ideas? Thanks all

T

Put a jumper wire from the positive on the battery to the positive on the coil and test your theory, if it stays running then it’s a short in your run circuit or a bad ignition switch.

did you verify your idle control solenoid? controls the flow of fuel to carb for idle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom